New Info Pane-Commentary Selection

John Fidel

I was playing with the new Info Pane. There are two "commentaries" that I have that I would like to see included if there is material on the verse I am studying: Hard Saying of the Bible and Enc. of Bible Difficulties. Both are reference tools, tagged and indexed as commentaries, but no matter how high I place them in my library under the commentary section I cannot get them to come up.

Is this because their standard library setup is as bible study tools instead?

Also, I would like the option to show the commentaries as a list without the book covers so I can get to other sections of the Info Pane more easily. I guess I can just collapse that section.

Edited by jfidel

John: your second wish is in the Set Info Pane Display. The other, the ability to add other reference tools, is something we'll have to consider.

Hard Sayings of the Bible is already classified as a reference tool, regardless of what library folder it's in. I don't understand why it wouldn't appear in the Info pane. This doesn't seem like a feature request so much as a bug report.

Thanks, should have looked at the display options.

On the other reference tools suggestion, thanks for your consideration. These two resources can be useful if one is aware that there is information on the verse being studied.

The Info pane displays all Commentaries and Study Bibles, but not all 'Reference Tools'. However, we'll look into giving the user some additional choice into the matter.

• Like 2

Thank you Joel. I have some study bibles that are more important in my studies than some commentaries, but if I move them to the commentaries section in the Library, they are given priority. Perhaps this could be used to allow other reference tools.

I have Hard Sayings in the commentaries section of the library and it still doesn't appear in the Info pane.

Thanks for the reply Jonathan, that was just a suggestion as to how Accordance can allow users to include reference tools in the Info Pane. It only works for Commentaries and Study Bibles currently.

We based the information off of the internal tag of the module, rather than its location. This way, even if you move it out of Commentaries or rename the Commentaries folder, it will still be considered a Commentary and available in the Info Pane. The flip side, of course, is that anything not internally marked as a Commentary isn't available.

However, we're working on a good compromise of both systems.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Thanks, Joel.

By the way, if the idea you're working on is flexible enough to allow this, I'd like to move Comfort/Metzger down to the Apparatus section of the Info pane.

• Like 1

The last update allowed for the inclusion of the two resources I requested in the Info Pane based upon their prioritization in the Commentary section of my library. Thank you for your consideration of my suggestion and follow up implementation!

By the way, if the idea you're working on is flexible enough to allow this, I'd like to move Comfort/Metzger down to the Apparatus section of the Info pane.

+1

It's quite obvious from this and other posts how much the info-pane is appreciated. (Unfortunately for the Accordance Team you have now opened the gates to Charlie’s Chocolate Factory and we want more!!! You only have yourselves to blame). On a more serious note, I’m glad that you’re already working on more user choice. Thank you.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn