NET Bible and Strongs?

Gedalya

Is there a possibility to have the NET Bible with Strongs numbers? I find the NET Bible one of the most interesting and accurate translations and the Net notes are simply superb. Having the NET translation with Strongs would make it an even better module. Adding Strongs would also allow the ability to compare and contrast its translation with JPSS and NRSVS and others that are tagged with Strongs.

• Like 2

I've requested this in the past, but it hasn't happened yet. When I requested it, I don't think anyone--not even the NET Bible folks--had done a Strong's version. Looking at the NET Bible site, it looks like they now do. I agree, it would be wonderful to have in Accordance.

• Like 1

This is something we've discussed in the past, but as of now there is not a complete tagged version available (what's on their site is not). And we're not prepared to invest in this ourselves, at least as of now.

• Like 1

Understandable, but a bummer.

If it ever happens, I'll buy it.

EDIT: I'd prefer G/K numbers. Seems to be more accurate. Strong's bundles words together. The NAS Greek and Hebrew add a's and b's to distinguish between the bundled words, but that can cause problems when searching more than one version. I would love to see everything standardized — unlikely, but I can still dream.

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1

EDIT: I'd prefer G/K numbers. Seems to be more accurate. Strong's bundles words together. The NAS Greek and Hebrew add a's and b's to distinguish between the bundled words, but that can cause problems when searching more than one version. I would love to see everything standardized — unlikely, but I can still dream.

Same here. Strong's seem especially outdated in the light of G&K.

I'd be happy with either Strong's or G/K, although good arguments have been made for G/K. And yes, I'd definitely purchase it if and when it's available. I do understand, though, that preparing it would be a tremendous amount of work.

Perhaps the request should go to the NET folks to tag their own text.

There's no need to request. They have already started on it, the question is if/when they will finish.