Looking for suggestions of "Bible phrases" to use with construct and fuzzy searches.

Heidi

ATTN. Scholars: Could any of you suggest biblical phrases that would help me in my learning and understanding of Accordance? I would like to do fuzzy and construct searches for comparative analysis. I’m hoping you might suggest phrases that would lend themselves to fuzzy searches, e.g., not looking for “Lord of Hosts” which would only be a fuzzy-1 level search since there aren’t too many occurrences of “Lord of Hosts”; or again, “come to save.” My biblical familiarity is limited; biblical phraseology is just not coming to mind.

I have gotten only so far using construct and fuzzy searches and am endeavoring to discover how to best work them.

Hi Heidi,

construct and fuzzy searches are different categories of concepts. A FUZZY search looks for a phrase and then allows a little "looseness" in it's exactitude. A construct search is a way of visually "constructing" a search that can use many different commands and relationships. For Construct searches, I would really encourage you to look at the help and the Lighting the Lamp podcast here.

Examples of some fuzzy searches might be something like

And the Lord said to Moses

if you alter the Fuzzy number from 1 to 2 to 3 you'll see how the results vary.

others might be

the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob

the name of the Lord

they sinned against the Lord

Perhaps a useful way forward is to read one of the purple passages, Gen 1-3, 12, 15, 17, 21, 50, Ex 3, 19-21, Psalm 2, 8, 16, 69. 72. 95, 103, Isa 1, 10, 40, 42, 49, 52-53, 60 John 1, 1 John 1, Rom 8 etc etc .... there are countless others and just choose various phrases, right click them and search=>words. then you can add FUZZY [CMD-SHFT-Z] to the search box and see what difference that makes.

See if that helps you work out what is going on.

I am not sure what you are looking for with construct searches, if you detailed your issues a little more we may be able to help...but watch the podcast a couple of times first.

Edited by Ken Simpson