Latest version - help is not working

Dave Chislett

Downloaded latest v10 on Friday. Tried to use help on Saturday as I can't get from interlinear to Strong's Dictionary ( hope that's my newbie status ) but the help isn't working. The navigation framework is there, but no content at all.

There seems to be an issue with 10.8 Mountain Lion's security settings on Safari. We are hoping that Apple will resolve this situation soon, but there are a couple of solutions:

1) Use our regularly updated online help, available at http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSXV10/Default.htm.

2) Use an alternative browser, such as Firefox or Chrome.

3) Enable Safari's 'Develop' menu via Preferences -> Advanced -> Show Develop menu in menu bar. From the Develop menu, select 'Disable local file restrictions'. This is the most advanced, and potentially not ideal for your situation, so I recommend choices (1) or (2).

Regarding your specific questions, the interlinear is currently read-only, so it cannot be directly mapped to Strong's Dictionaries. However, if coming from a Keyed or Strong's text, just triple click your word to load it in the dictionary.

Does this help?

Downloaded latest v10 on Friday. Tried to use help on Saturday as I can't get from interlinear to Strong's Dictionary ( hope that's my newbie status ) but the help isn't working. The navigation framework is there, but no content at all.

Hello David,

I've been dealing with this for a few days myself. You can follow my escapades here: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8726

Are you using Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.x) as your operating system? If so, then is the machine new or did you perform a clean install of Mountain Lion versus a patched upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion?

Thanks,

Michael

There seems to be an issue with 10.8 Mountain Lion's security settings on Safari. We are hoping that Apple will resolve this situation soon, but there are a couple of solutions:

I personally do not, at this point, believe that Apple is at fault. It appears that the XMLHttpRequest is working correctly in Safari browsers that exhibit blank screens.

I'm curious - does the help system work on your Windows test machines that your programmers are using to work on the Windows version of Accordance?

Yes, the Help works fine in Windows, all the emulator users have access to it.

Thank you for checking. I was wondering how Internet Explorer was reacting to both your server based Help System as well as the disk based Help System that gets installed with Accordance - specifically I was wondering how the disk based was working out.

• 1 month later...

This webpage explains how to allow Safari to access local files, such as our Help. Thanks to a user who sent the link.

This is the same as Joel's third option. Interestingly I have not disabled local file restrictions, and have not experienced any problem accessing help within Safari. For what it is worth...

I too had this problem. I'm running Mountain Lion on an upgraded 3-year-old iMac. Disabling local file restrictions made it work. Thanks for the advice.