Navigation Bar

Randy Steffens Jr

I have a question about the navigation bar. Normally if I'm reading through a chapter in the Bible and want to go to a certain verse, I will tab to the "go-to" box, and enter the chapter number followed by the verse number, like 19:22.

My question: is there a shortcut so that I can skip to a specific verse via the go-to box, without having to enter the chapter number first? It would be really convenient if I could enter something like :22 or .22, and in the example above, accordance would know that this meant "go to verse 22 of the current chapter". Maybe there is already a way to do this?

Thanks!

Randy

I don't know of a specific shortcut. I use the right arrow to place the cursor at the end, then delete the verse number and enter the one I want. It's not quite as quick as what you suggested, but it works.

Thanks Jonathan. Yes that works, although not a speedy as would be nice.

Perhaps if some of the accordance staff read this, you could consider adding such a feature to a future update. I would find it quite useful.

Blessings!

Randy

Accordance 10.4.2 is currently in testing and now includes this capability, using the syntax ":22" or ".3". That is, a verse number preceded by a colon or period.

Wow! That's service.

Does this mean our programmers have the gift of prophecy, able to foresee user requests before they are made? ;)

Accordance 10.4.2 is currently in testing and now includes this capability, using the syntax ":22" or ".3". That is, a verse number preceded by a colon or period.

Is it possible to use the "space key" as a third option besides ":" and "."?

Wow this is really fantastic!! Talk about customer service! Thanks so much!

That's also a neat idea Martin -- could also be handy.

Thanks,

Randy

For now we don't plan to support a space before the number (e.g. " 6") because it can be difficult to see visually or accidentally entered, while a colon, period (or comma if using european settings) are more visible and deliberate, but just as easy to type.

For now we don't plan to support a space before the number (e.g. " 6") because it can be difficult to see visually or accidentally entered, while a colon, period (or comma if using european settings) are more visible and deliberate, but just as easy to type.

Maybe I'm to used to BibleWorks.

In BibleWorks, when I type "gen 1 3" or "gen 1:3" or "gen 1.3", it goes to Gen 1:3.

If I am already in Gensis. I can type "1 3" or "1:3" or "1.3" to go to Gen 1:3.

If I am already in Gen 1. I can type just "3" to go to Gen 1:3.

I use the space key most often. I guess that's because the thumb is swift than the ring finger. And since I was used to BibleWorks, it is very natural for me to put a space between the chapter and verse numbers, which everytime brings up a popup like below, which is very annoying...Is it possible for users to assign the funtion to the space as an alternative option (you may still set "1:3" and "1.3" as the default?

post-32138-0-01284600-1398698053_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

This feature is broken. I can no longer type . or : into the navigation bar and get a verse within the current chapter.

Any others realize this?

Randy

Edited by Randy Steffens Jr

I can type a . followed by a number but this is interpreted as a chapter number. Putting in :xx I get an error message : "There are characters which are unexpected or in the wrong position as shown in the selection." And the colon is highlighted.

Thx

D

This feature is broken. I can no longer type . or : into the navigation bar and get a verse within the current chapter.

Any others realize this?

Randy

It does not work for me in 10.4.3

It seems like something in 10.4.3 broke this. Many apologies, but we'll get this fixed ASAP.