Public Name in Forum

Samuel W Carmack

I've noticed that many members have their real name displayed on their post instead of their User ID. How do you do this?

Go to my profile and select the Display name and then you can put your name in.

-Dan

That's my problem. I go to MyProfile / Edit and I don't see a Click for Display Name. What am I missing. Where is it?

I see it as the third option on the left side.

Third option for me is "likes". I can't change my display name. I asked Helen to do it and she did...

Thanks

:-)

(Just had to...my 900th post,,)

I believe it is something only 'Active Members' can do, which requires a minimum number of posts. It may be 10, maybe 15 posts. Regardless, I can change your display name - what do you want it to be?

Hi Joel, I have a few more than 10 posts. I think I am an active member, but I can't change my name. Never have been able to. Maybe it's because I'm an Anglican, and we never change.... ;-)

• Like 2

Hi Joel, I have a few more than 10 posts. I think I am an active member, but I can't change my name. Never have been able to. Maybe it's because I'm an Anglican, and we never change.... ;-)

I do not see a place to change it either (but I have always had my name display).

Just confirmed in the settings, Active Members should be able to change it (had a minor bug preventing you, Michael). Ken, since your group says 'Accordance', you are "special" :)

I see it under "My Settings"

Ahhah. Ok. Thanks Joel

Thanks, Helen for changing my display name. What is the best way to remove the User ID which displays in this User ID? This is a bit of a security issue for me. I don't use very many forums and didn't realize that the login ID would be displayed.

Oops, never mine. The last post brought me to 10 and the setting for Display Name appears in My Profile. I'm not understanding why this feature is not available when first using the Forum. This seems to be a bit of a security issue.

Edited by Samuel W Carmack