Default Bible

Fr. Rich

How do I set a different Bible as my default? BTW you would do many of us a great service by making this choice part of set up instead of assuming that we all want the ESVS.

I think it is part of the initial setup. Although you may not have all your Bibles to choose from yet before using Easy Install.

post-29513-0-28898700-1345760397_thumb.jpg

You can change the default Bible in Settings > Search Tabs > Text.

I think it is part of the initial setup. Although you may not have all your Bibles to choose from yet before using Easy Install.

post-29513-0-28898700-1345760397_thumb.jpg

You can change the default Bible in Settings > Search Tabs > Text.

Did you mean Preferences > Search Tabs > Text?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Edited by rcue

Ha, yes I do. Preferences indeed :)

Thank you. Now, where did my Hermeneia Commentaries go? Easy Install says they are installed but I can't find them anywhere.

Try going to the finder and look > library > application support > accordance > modules > tools see if you can find them there. If they are there, double clicking on them should open them in Accordance. You should then be able to see them in the library.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I have a library, I have application support, I do not have anything related to Accordance in the application support folder. I am using Mountain Lion with the most recent update. I could find this stuff on my old computer. Thanks for trying to help.

And another thing. I used to be able to create a new tab in a workspace by using Command N. On the new computer, when I use that combination, I get nothing. Is there a new trick?

I have a library, I have application support, I do not have anything related to Accordance in the application support folder. I am using Mountain Lion with the most recent update. I could find this stuff on my old computer. Thanks for trying to help.

Are looking at the Library at the root level or user. The Accordance folder with the modules should be in the former (unless you are the only user, but if there are Accordance folders in both libraries, the program may be unable to find all the modules.

And another thing. I used to be able to create a new tab in a workspace by using Command N. On the new computer, when I use that combination, I get nothing. Is there a new trick?

That is odd. Cmd-N opens a new tab for me; I have issues with how it does so (see http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8362), but it does open my default text in a new tab.

Fr. Rich:

I'll try to help you out.

The Hermeneia commentaries and other installed modules are located in the Library/Application Support/Accordance that is in your user directory. Example: If my username is Greg, then the Library/Application Support/Accordance directory will be located under the Greg directory.

If you wish to see where they are located at on your hard drive, follow this procedure:

1) Open a finder window

2) Hold down the Option key and click the 'Go' menu and you should see the Library folder, click on it. (The Library folder is only visible while holding the Option key)

3) Then you should see an Application Support folder - that will be the one which you will need to open and look in for the Accordance modules.

4) If you navigate into the Modules/Tools directory inside the above Accordance directory, you should see all our modules and among them the Hermeneia modules(s)

5) At this point, you could double-click on the Hermeneia module(s) and that would install them into your Accordance program library.

If you have created any workspaces, user notes, user tools, etc. those will be found under you Documents folder of your user account in an Accordance Files folder (or at least mine are there).

You should be able to press CMD +n (lowercase) to create a new tab - that works for me on Accordance 10.0.1 You might check to make sure your Caps Lock key is not on.

Should none of this work, you may need to seek more professional assistance.

Thanks Greg. At least the copy of Mountain Lion that came on my new computer does not show the library when I click 'go' and press the Cmd key. I can find the library by double clicking my hard drive (really an ssd). When I open the library folder, i have an application support folder but when i open it, Accordance is not there. This is all a great mystery.

Thanks Greg. At least the copy of Mountain Lion that came on my new computer does not show the library when I click 'go' and press the Cmd key. I can find the library by double clicking my hard drive (really an ssd). When I open the library folder, i have an application support folder but when i open it, Accordance is not there. This is all a great mystery.

That should be the OPTION key not the CMD key when you are looking for the Library Folder.

Did you check the library folder of your SSD: [hard drive/SSD name]>Library>Application Support>Accordance? There should be an Accordance folder there with the text and tool folders.

We are making progress. Thanks Greg for reiterating OPTION - I finally found the Library. And there is indeed an Accordance folder but Hermeneia is not in any of the sub-folders within the Accordance folder. The search goes on.

Glad you're making progress, Fr. Rich.

For clarity here, if your computer has just one user, you will still have two Libraries with Application Support in each Library: one at the Root level (HD>Library>Application Support), and another at the User level (Finder>OPT/Go>Library>Application Support). My Accordance folder was formerly at the Root level from the Accordance 5 days. Helen said I was more likely to run into Permissions issues with it there, so I moved it to the User Library in the last month or so.

If your computer has multiple users with their own log-ins, there will be a User Library for each one. I think that if all the users have their own log-in and all use Accordance, each one would have their own Accordance Preferences in their own User Library, but the modules would need to be accessible to all Users in HD>Library>Application Support (someone correct me if I've got this wrong).

P.S. Prior to Lion, you could get to your User Library by following this path: HD>Users>"YourName">Library. I guess people were messing up their systems by putting stuff in there or taking stuff out that the OS needed, so they decided to hide it. At least I think that was the rational. It has certainly caused some angst along the way.

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie, you are correct on all points.

Rich, Hermeneia is not available for Easy Install. Please open the modules fro the CD-ROM and Accordance will install them for you.