Searching for verse reference

Larry Wing

Ok. I admit it up front. The stupidest of questions and I'm embarrassed to ask.

How do you search for a verse in all tools such as commentaries, dictionaries, etc in v10? Not Bibles.

I wanted to do a search of Rom 12.1 and tried the Search All but received 0 results. And I can't find any podcast or help file that helps me search references. (Could someone point me to it if there is one?)

Sorry for such a basic question.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

no such thing as a stupid question around here.

Try this - in the "Search all" text box (top right hand side of the tool bar) there is a small magnifying glass symbol. If you click on this you will get a drop down menu like this. Select "Scripture" and "[All Tools]",

post-29509-0-02555800-1349501207_thumb.png

then type in Rom 12:1 and let Accordance do its magic.

An easier way to do this is put your cursor in the reference at the beginning of the text, and then right-click or ctrl-click to get the contextual menu, and then select "Search all" => "[All texts]"

post-29509-0-21083500-1349501343_thumb.png

Hope that helps.

May I add something here that refers more to the answer than the original question? (Though, re the question: may I say that I admire you Larry for overcoming your hesitancy and asking your question.)

Ken: apart from actually answering the question, it was the "no such thing as a stupid question around here" that helped me.

There are times when I have a question but I too think that is 'a stupid question', or I "should" know that, or I "should" know how and where to get the answer in Accordance Help/Blog or Podocasts. And, either I do not know how to find the answer (the Help, Blog and Podcasts are excellent; but I do not always know how to find what I am looking for!) or I need the answer there and then!

So, and again if I may say so, those of us like Larry and myself should take heart in the fact that every single day there are so many helpful answers from so many users to all sorts of questions on the Forums and they are answered with kindness and especially patience!

Thank you,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

thanks. It's encouraging to be encouraged isn't it!

It's such a pleasure to help people who want to study the scriptures, and I love to help when I can. And may I say, I have found your graciousness a great stimulus to my humility as well.

With many thanks,

soli Deo gloria

Thank you Ken. I had used the Search All but didn't change to Scripture. Such an simple answer to the problem. Thank you again.

And Kevin, I couldn't agree more.

Larry