installing Accordance 10

csonni

I paid for my $49 Starter Kit last night (upgrading from 9 Premier) and got the confirmation email this morning. I went ahead and downloaded it from my account page. When starting it up, I enter my username and password to validate it with my account but am told that Accordance 10 is not found in my account. In My Products page, Accordance 10 is listed but nothing stating whether it is pending, ready for download, etc.I was given no unlock code with my confirmation email, so, I'm locked out of version 10, at least for now. Is there some sort of delay? Did I jump the gun?

Edited by csonni

Your order was flagged for manual processing because you chose to install the Bible from a CD you own, and it wants us to check that you own it. Sorry for the confusion. Were you really able to download from My Products or did you go to the Accordance Installers page? If the former, it's a bug. Staff will be on hand soon to process the pending orders.

I signed in but maybe it was the installers page I went to. The CD I have may be Accordance 8 or earlier. When I ordered, I was a bit unsure on what to choose. So, with that, will an actual download show up on My Products page? Will an unlock code be required? What shall I do with the version 10 I just installed?

When processed you will have the items in My Products, together with the code for 10, but you won't need that because 10 will validate itself from your account. The new modules will download from your account.

Thank you.

Installed and working now. One thing is that Accordance wants me to navigate to each module in the process of opening them. Is there a quick way to tell Accordance where they are without having to navigate to each one?

To get all the new ones more easily accessible, you might want to go to

User Library (on your Mac - in the Finder menu, Go/Option>Library)/Application Support/Accordance.

Once you get there, open your Modules File. Then open Texts and order them by "Date Modified." Your new ones and recently updated ones should be at the top. Just double-click them one after another, not even worrying about what kind of mess the window is. When you've done that, do the same in with the Tools modules. You can close your really messy window(s), and everything you opened should now be easily reached from Amplify or the Accordance Library window. I know this will work, and it's a bit faster than chasing each one down individually.

If someone knows a better way to speed this process up, please let us know.

Seems like this only occurs with my User Tools. your suggestion is a bit quicker, although I would rather not have to go through all of them like this. Thanks.

The good thing is that this is a one-time deal. You shouldn't have to do it again.