Moving User Tools

Greg Terry

I have tried several avenues of moving a user tool from a Mac to a PC running the emulator with no luck. Is there a manner in which that can be accomplished?

There are only two ways to get Accordance files into the emulator without Windows corrupting them:

1. Burn the files onto a Mac/PC compatible CD with HFS Standard formatting.
  2. Stuff the files with a sufficiently old version of DropStuff (I use version 7) so that the StuffIt Expander in the emulator can unstuff them.

In either case you would then place the User Tools in the Modules/Shared User Tools folder and open them in Accordance.

Thanks, Helen.

I'll try the CD route

Helen:

Thanks for the tips. I had success with the CD method.

Great. I forgot to mention that I think you need Toast or similar to give you those options on burning the CD.

• 4 months later...

I'm about to try something similar. I picked up a netbook, and although I'd rather run something on it other than Windows (and I tried), it looks like Windows 7 is going to be my best option for right now.

Here's my question related to what was said above-- am I to understand correctly that the modules in a Mac OS X installation can simply be put in the corresponding folders in a Windows emulator installation. Having 11 years worth of Accordance files installed on my Mac, I think it would be a nightmare to try to track down all my disks. Passwords will be issue enough, but I think I have all of those.

Rick:

Anyone with a long (or short) history of Accordance purchases can write to us for a list of codes and recommendation of how to reinstall from scratch.

You can try to move your Accordance folder from the Mac to the emulator. You'll have to burn a series of CDs, and reassemble the Modules folder, as I am sure it will not fit onto a single disk. Be sure to copy the Accordance Preferences from the user/Library/Preferences into the Accordance folder, and be sure to install the latest 68k version of Accordance once you are in the emulator.

You will probably need several 2G .hfv drives in the emulator to accommodate all the files. i would have the main Accordance folder on the one, the graphics on another, and all large modules on the third, to save space in the Accordance folder. You'll need to point Accordance to any modules on the other drives, and to update them manually when new ones are released.

Archived