Link naming convention for Apocryphal books

Greg Terry

I looked in the Help and didn't see anything on this subject. A list of acceptable names that will link correctly to the Apocryphal books would be most welcome. If I overlooked them, please forgive my oversight.

You can always list the book names for a module that includes these books (Display menu) and see the standard abbreviations. For example, from the NRSV:

Tob. Tobit
Judith Judith
Wis. Wisdom
Sir. Sirach
Bar. Baruch
1Mac. 1Maccabees
2Mac. 2Maccabees
1Esdr. 1Esdras
Man. Manasseh
3Mac. 3Maccabees
2Esdr. 2Esdras
4Mac. 4Maccabees

But Accordance accepts any abbreviation that it can link uniquely to the name of the book. For example, 2M finds 2 Maccabees.

Thanks, Helen.

That is quite helpful.

I found an issue with linking to the book, Prayer of Manasseh. The link creates correctly when editing the file and indicates no errors. I set the NRSV as the main text and the NRSV2 as the alternate text. However, when one clinks on the link in the completed file, it links to the NRSV2 text but the Prayer of Manasseh is in the regular NRSV file. So any created link to that book is accessing the wrong text file of the NRSV. When I try it with the KJV and KJVA as my texts, it opens the KJVA but displays only a blank window. Same with the RSV and RSVA. I tried several other texts with Apocrypha and none of them pull up the Prayer of Manasseh.