Minimum Requirements

twbeining

A friend of my was asking me about Accordance minimum requirements and I said I would try to find out for him.

I did try to find this information before making this post but was unable to locate it.

What are the minimum requirements for both OS X and Windows? Or where can that information be found?

Peace Be With You!

Tim

OK, but what are the minimum memory and minimum drive space requirements.

I guess I should have been more specific.

Tim

OK, but what are the minimum memory and minimum drive space requirements.

I guess I should have been more specific.

Tim

Tim,

On Windows 7 64, Accordance will install the modules (resource files) on the primary partition C: where usually the OS resides. During the install, Accordance will allow you to specify where to install the program, but not the files that take up lots of drive space. Therefore, make sure you have capacity available on the primary partition, say at least 12 - 15 GB free space. During my initial install, my C: drive free space went down to 0 MB! :o

I run the latest Accordance for Windows on an old Lenovo T61 laptop, Core Duo Intel CPU, with 4GB RAM, and only 128 MB on-board graphics. Accordance runs fine on it, as long as I control and place the OS virtual memory (paging file) on a different partition.

David

Nor sure if this will help you, but it depends of which collection you get. In my case, I have the Essential Collections plus some added tools running in a mac. The app itself is around 120mb and the data file is around 4gb. Consider that USer Notes and User tools will also eat up some disc space. So what David suggest is a good estimate to make sure that you got plenty of space.

Edited by davidmedina

The Accordance application on my computer (Mac) is about 104 MB. The largest modules in Accordance are the ones with lots of graphics, especially photos. If you eliminate them, everything else together uses about 2 GB.

Thanks everyone, I will pass this along.

Peace & Blessings,

Tim