Searching words and seeing in the whole bible

sunmin Cho

First of all, my Accordance version is 7.4.2, 2007.

Here is what I am trying to do.

Many times I search words using commands, say, "Pharisees <AND> [RANGE matt]."

Then, this brings up all the occurrences of Pharisees. E.g., "Mt 9:3 Some pharisees..." and "Mt 21:45...."

I see where this word appears very clearly in separate verses.

However, I cannot see verses in between Matt 19:3 and 21:45.

Can I search specific words and see them not in separate verses, but in the whole bible?

It would be great if I can see the whole bible and at the same time if I can search a specific word and see them in highlight or in color.

Help me, people!

Thank you.

After you enter your search, click on "More options" and to the far right is a dialogue box "Add context." Choices are 1-5, 10 and All. Choosing All will give you what, I think, you are looking for.

Tom

Just to add to Tom's advice, which is absolutely correct, when you choose All from the Add Context pop-up menu, a bookmark will be placed next to each hit verse, and you can use the Mark (Mk) buttons to jump from one hit to the next.

Also, if you ALWAYS want to see your hits in the context of the entire Bible, you can set that as your default in the Search windows settings of the Preferences. Simply check the Show More options checkbox and choose All from the Add Context pop-up menu. You can then uncheck the Show More options checkbox if you don't want that section of the window to be open by default.

Hope this helps.

Archived