Trouble expanding 7.3 update for PPC OS 9 machine

D Largent

I was attempting to help a user update to 7.3 yesterday. He has a Bronze Keyboard/Firewire Powerbook running OS 9. He had a version of Stuffit Expander (7.0.1) that we could upgrade to 7.0.3. But, it did not want to expand the Accordance update. Unfortunately, I will not have access to his computer again until next Wednesday. Any suggestions?

Thanks! David Largent - Dallas Theological Seminary

Guest frgpeter
I was attempting to help a user update to 7.3 yesterday. He has a Bronze Keyboard/Firewire Powerbook running OS 9. He had a version of Stuffit Expander (7.0.1) that we could upgrade to 7.0.3. But, it did not want to expand the Accordance update. Unfortunately, I will not have access to his computer again until next Wednesday. Any suggestions?

Thanks! David Largent - Dallas Theological Seminary

Download the DMG file, it's only 1MB larger. That way you don't have to worry about unpacking the file. Also you could try the Zip file.

hth,

G. Peter David Posthumus

You must download the .sit as it is the only installer for OS 9, though at a pinch you could use the 68K version. We always use an old version of DropStuff to compress the files so that they stay backwards compatible. Maybe the download was corrupted and you try downloading again.

You must download the .sit as it is the only installer for OS 9, though at a pinch you could use the 68K version. We always use an old version of DropStuff to compress the files so that they stay backwards compatible. Maybe the download was corrupted and you try downloading again.

I'll try it again. I'll see if I can't find another old Mac around here to test it. Thanks.

Archived