German "NeÜ" bible

Caspar

Hi,

I would really like to see the German "NeÜ" (Neue evangelistische Übersetzung) bible in Accordance.

Thanks,

Caspar

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Caspar,

I asked the translator of the NeÜ two years ago for permission to create an Accordance-Module of the NeÜ. He gave me the permission but with some conditions that are not realizable in an user bible. So I gave it up. But maybe I should ask him again?

Blessings, Johannes

Edited by Johannes

• 1 month later...

Hi,

maybe we should ask the accordance team for a better tool than the user tool for getting such modules done for Accordance..

it should be in their interest.

with more resources in german become available for accordance maybe some publishers will become interested in this platform..

like if there where a TRE, RGG4, EKK etc. or even the wuppertaler studienbibel... could be a huge one for this platform and one more reason to choose accordance over logos.

but im not sure the german Fachbuch-Verlagswelt is ready for the 21th century...

• Like 1

Hi guys, what were the restrictions he placed on the user bible? (I am not in module development/programming so can't address the "maybe we should ask the accordance team for a better tool than the user tool for getting such modules done for Accordance..it should be in their interest." sorry)

• 3 months later...

The answer from the translator and publisher about to include NeÜ in Accordance.

Lieber Bruder,

solche Versionen kann ich nicht selbst herstellen. Wenn sich der Programmierer der Accordance an mich wendet, lässt sich bestimmt etwas machen.

Die Gnade unseres HERRN sei mit Ihnen!
Karl-Heinz Vanheiden

Am 02.07.2014
Lovely Brother,
Such Versions I can't do it self create. If the programmer of Accordance come in contact with me, it will be really possible.
The Grace of our LORD are with you!
Karl-Heinz Vanheiden
Greetings
Fabian

• 3 years later...

I'd also like to see this bible in Accordance.

It's a newer translation, but has become quite popular in the last years. Many in our congregation use it and it would be helpful to check how the text reads for them.

Btw, this thread should be moved to "Module requests".

Btw2, there is a problem with umlauts (German ü not displayed correcty)

Btw3, why is there such a weird limitation that I can't do 2 searches in a row in this forum, but have to wait 15 seconds?!

• Like 1

Btw2 and 3 because it is an old Forum Software. 

Also are Words with only 3 characters not allowed to search etc. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I second that. I would also love to see an neÜ Module for accordance.

I know Karl-Heinz Vanheiden. He is a very nice guy. I seam to get the impression that he likes his version to be spread. So asking him again would be a good idea. I am sure he will make a deal so that a module for accordance will be doable!

• Like 2

I'm sure he would, but he wrote me June 19. 2018, OakTree has to get in touch with him. 

This Bible is for free in the L-company.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Yes please. It's becoming more popular, was slightly rebranded "NeÜ bibel.heute" (NBH) , and it would be really great if we could get a module for Accordance. It's freely available in Logos (0 EUR) as well as on YouVersion. I would even willing to pay for it to have it in Accordance 😉

Are there tool available to create an import. I'm a software developer, so if there is a documentation how to create the format, I might be able to look into it.

1 hour ago, Christian Rekowski said:

Are there tool available to create an import.

Hi @Christian Rekowski, you can indeed import a user-defined Bible into Accordance. The best place to start to understand the process is in the help system. However, note that user Bibles do not have as many features as text modules authored by Accordance. Reading the previous entries in this thread, it looks like someone was going to attempt to create a user Bible for this text but ran into some technical issues while attempting to implement restrictions imposed by the copyright holder using the less-feature-rich user Bible system.