BUG 10.3.1 - Clicking and Dragging to Select Text Stops Selecting

Matt Fredenburg

In the following screenshot, I clicked next to the 'F' in 'Forgiveness' and dragged down. After I dragged the mouse cursor down and it went below the border of the text box, the drag/selection did not continue.

post-30573-0-36655600-1381724824_thumb.png

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

This is partially fixed in 10.3.2. In 10.3.1, it wouldn't continue the selection at all, but in 10.3.2 it does continue the selection and scroll for a few paragraphs, but then Accordance crashes. See bug http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11299.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I tried to repro. the crash yesterday and failed. I was able to select more than the limit of 500 verses in a bible text and cut and paste to another program. I tried a tool (ZIBBCNT) and that worked fine too. I'm not sure what's different in your case. I'm on win7 SP1 x64 also.

Thx

D

Hi Matt,

I tried to repro. the crash yesterday and failed. I was able to select more than the limit of 500 verses in a bible text and cut and paste to another program. I tried a tool (ZIBBCNT) and that worked fine too. I'm not sure what's different in your case. I'm on win7 SP1 x64 also.

Thx

D

Hi Daniel, I just tried in ESVS and it succeeded. I just tried in BECNT again but in just a one-tool workspace (my original bug report is in a fairly complex workspace), and it stopped responding and then crashed, so that at least isolates one crash from a complex workspace. It could be particular to the BECNT, it could be particular to the content of the BECNT, etc., I have no idea.

Thanks for the feedback!

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Behavior is yet different in 10.3.3. As in 10.3.2, I can now click and drag beyond the border for a few paragraphs, but now Accordance hangs indefinitely and must be forcibly closed as opposed to the 10.3.2 behavior of simply crashing:

post-30573-0-86727800-1386204719_thumb.png

Matt

Same here. Crashed already couple of times when selecting larger portions of text. Pretty frustrating to be honest. Hoped it would have been solved by now. Having said this, I must admit that it doesn't happen as often as in earlier versions. Seems we're almost there :)