bug: print settings: line spacing sometimes inaccurate

sljones

I often print out a text in Greek or Hebrew with triple spacing so I can write a translation below it. I often print out a text in English with double spacing so I can scribble my thoughts and annotate things as I do my exegesis. And I often print all kinds of things with single spacing.

(1) and it doesn't always work. You click on the print-settings dialog to change the setting and it updates the dialog (V) but internally nothing happens. Usually it's when I decide to print 2 pages from the "Institutes" single-spaced and it comes out of the printer on like 8 or 10 pages because the "triple spacing" I used previously didn't stick. :-( The best workaround I've found is to also say I want page numbers etc. in the heading (which I never do because, as implemented, they're too inflexible to be helpful) and then do a print-preview, then go back in and un-select headings, print-preview again, and now the spacing is correct.

(2) This whole area isn't as helpful as it could be. An "inspector" type interface like in Pages 08 would be nice. Maybe I have big handwriting and triple-spacing isn't enough. Maybe 1.5 spacing would be enough for my underlining etc. Maybe I could set up three or four "presets" as with most Mac apps (line-spacing, duplex printing or not, margins, etc.). So you have all kinds of room for improvement. But first, take care of the bug!

It took us a while to define the bug. It seems that if you change the settings, select Print and then cancel the print, then go reset the spacing, that last reset doesn't take effect. The print is stuck on the setting you had when you canceled the printing. We'll try to fix it.

Archived