BDF

Outis

I'd like to have the Blass-Debrunner-Funk greek lexicon on Accordance. I've used other lexicons, but I keep coming back to this one. I don't know the logistics in procuring the rights and doing the conversion (or whatever). But, I like it and would buy it.

thanks,

Agreed regarding BDF, but I want the complete Liddel & Scott first! :)

Edited by R. Mansfield

Agreed regarding BDF, but I want the complete Liddel & Scott first! :)

Likewise (except that BDF is a *grammar* not a lexicon). I've been hunting the web site this afternoon for news on L&S. Only thing I could find past Helen's announcement last summer that it was under development was a page that listed "expected release Nov 2009." I'm *assuming* that it has not been released yet (I'd love to be wrong on that one! :) ), so wonder if there's any word as to whether I should save room on my Christmas budget or if it's going to have to roll over into 2010? (I *thought* I'd seen discussion of it more recently, but can't find it now.)

Likewise (except that BDF is a *grammar* not a lexicon).

Of course. But the fact that they are both Greek resources created the association in my mind. And knowing these kinds of things are always a lot of work, I'd rather see Oak Tree prioritize the full L&S over BDF, although both are worthwhile.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to have the Blass-Debrunner-Funk greek lexicon on Accordance. I've used other lexicons, but I keep coming back to this one. I don't know the logistics in procuring the rights and doing the conversion (or whatever). But, I like it and would buy it.

thanks,

I was about to post the same but found this. I would totally buy BDF if on Accordance; I would also love to see Smyth's grammar eventually. I'm stoked about Great Scott coming soon.

Edited by D.S.Moses Nickerson

A digitized version would make navigating BDF much easier. I am eager to see this available in Accordance.

Add me to the list. IMO, this is standard text and I'm actually suppressed it hasn't been done yet. Not trying to criticize, just stating my thoughts. I know that digitization is a lot of work, more than most of us can imagine.

Add me to the list. IMO, this is standard text and I'm actually suppressed it hasn't been done yet. Not trying to criticize, just stating my thoughts. I know that digitization is a lot of work, more than most of us can imagine.

Digitization is definitely a lot of work, but keep in mind we're also talking about the publishing business where there are multiple layers of issues that affect the availability of a resource. So, I wouldn't be too surprised.

• 4 years later...

I agree! I went looking for BDF just now and all I found was this thred. Hopefully the powers that be will see our collective interest in the module.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a long standard work and continuously referenced, and I think Accordance will produce it eventually. Almost every scholar and student of Greek wouldn't hesitate to buy this module in Accordance.

• Like 1

+1

I +1ed already on another post that requested this, but, one good +1 deserves another!

Thanks for the votes of interest, all. The problem isn't interest, however. We've long wanted this resource, but will likely have to digitize it ourselves, which for a Greek grammar is a very laborious (aka time-consuming and expensive) process. Hope is not lost, it will just take time.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Rick,

Do you have any updates about where Accordance is in the BDF process?
Thank you for all that you do!

Rick,

Do you have any updates about where Accordance is in the BDF process?

Thank you for all that you do!

No updates as of now. Thanks for checking in.

• 2 months later...

I agree this is 'must have' module!

• Like 1

+1

This standard greek grammar has been requested and discussed more than once before, yet no significant progress has been reported thus far due to other resources being set at a higher priority as far as I understand.  BDF users are still wanting this resource in Accordance and hoping it can be made possible in the future.  We will be patiently waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting.  And as always, we thank those individuals for all the hard work they do in creating these modules!  :)   

• Like 1

+1

This standard greek grammar has been requested and discussed more than once before, yet no significant progress has been reported thus far due to other resources being set at a higher priority as far as I understand.  BDF users are still wanting this resource in Accordance and hoping it can be made possible in the future.  We will be patiently waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting.  And as always, we thank those individuals for all the hard work they do in creating these modules!   :)   

It's not just a matter of priority. Over the years we've been on the lookout for an electronic text of this resource as the publisher does not have one. Producing it on our own is a very complex (and expensive) undertaking.

• Like 2

I would also love to see Blass Debrunner without Funk. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

It's not just a matter of priority. Over the years we've been on the lookout for an electronic text of this resource as the publisher does not have one. Producing it on our own is a very complex (and expensive) undertaking.

I completely agree that it is a very complex (and expensive) undertaking, but nevertheless possible.  Keep up the great work!  Blessings!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I would also love to see Blass Debrunner without Funk.

LOL!