Save Tie Windows/Tabs with Workspace to preserve upon re-opening

Kerry Magruder

Dear Accordance,

I have been experimenting with my preferred Workspace for basic Bible reading and study. This new Workspace contains several tabs, the first of which is entitled ESVS and is composed of biblical texts. To save screen space, some reference works I like to have on hand (e.g., the NIV and ESV study notes and a couple of commentaries) are now moved off of my first tab, where they used to appear as panes, because I'm setting them up in tabs (Window --> Set --> Tie to ESVS). This solution works when the notes and commentary tabs are tied to the first tab, so that when I go to, say, Ephesians or Joshua, all the commentary tabs automatically go to the same place too, just as when panes scroll together in a single tab. However, when I save the Workspace and re-open it, the various tabs have all become untied. Having to go in every time I open this Workspace and set them each to tie to my first tab defeats the strategy of this Workspace.

Would it be possible to enable tab tying to be preserved in the settings for a saved Workspace? Thanks,

PEACE

Kerry

If I recall correctly, the difficulty is that the tying depends on the name of the tab, and when the workspace is reopened there may be other tabs open with the same name.

Correction: if you save the session rather than the workspace, the tying is preserved. This is because all open workspaces are saved together, so that all the tied windows will be there.

Helen,

That is fantastic! It works! I love this feature! Thank you so much!!! :D

PEACE

Kerry

"Save Session" is also a great way to save other very complicated setups, for instance those involving multiple windows with any of the linking commands [Link, Hits, Contents, etc.]. These commands make searching a custom Reference List easy.

Archived