Triple-tapping opens new workspace

Daniel Wee

When I want to look up a word in BDB or whichever dictionary, I usually triple-tap on the word. Lately when I do this, I am finding that a whole new workspace is opened up with the result. I'm not sure if it was always like this but I thought that in the past, all it did was open up a new tab with the results. Is this just me or am I doing something wrong, or expecting something wrong?

Daniel

It should open a new tab, nothing has changed in the program in this regard. Did you change your settings to a single zone?

No, I have not changed those settings. Normally, I just close all the workspaces, and open a fresh one. Things will be okay for a while and then one day, when I need to check a word by triple-tapping it, it happens again. I'm not sure why exactly it does it all of a sudden but it looks like it's something that happens after I have Accordance open for a long time without closing it.

Daniel

The only ways I'm aware of that open a new workspace are if you hold the command key down, or there isn't space for the zones. But, even in the latter case it should make it a tab unless you are clicking the Details button. Is it possible you are accidentally holding the command key down?

Hi Joel,

I do have a lot of tabs opened so that might be the reason. It is unlikely that I have accidentally pressed the command key down but I will keep observing this to see if I can reproduce it.

Daniel

Archived