Unicode Bible search in 9.6

johnlee

I'm really excited about the new features of 9.6, and immediately give it a try.

I open CUNP-TRAD, but it didn't show the "Words|Verses" button as the image shown on the release note webpage (before.png).

Then I press "Cmd+;" and it became "after.png."

Then I search a Chinese word, and...

Accordance quite immediately without any error message or so.

Then I reboot my computer and try once again, and got the same result.

Thank you very much!

post-29821-0-03517200-1338392919_thumb.png

post-29821-0-15932900-1338392931_thumb.png

There are two things going on here, in fact. We'll be very shortly posting free updates to our unicode bibles that will enable searching on them. Once you download the update, searching should work great. In the meantime, you found a bug, where we didn't properly disable Command-; when it couldn't search.

I've downloaded the updated Bibles and it works great now! Thank you very much!!!

Thanks for this update! Chinese Unicode searches now work!

Is there any prospect of obtaining keying for the Chinese Bibles to Hebrew/Greek/English/Pinyin?

Is there a way to change the Chinese font? I've tried several Chinese Unicode fonts under the Display>Set Text Pane Display but the font in the text pane won't change.

EDIT: I found a font that works! BiauKai -- but many of the letter sizing is off!

EDIT: Apple LiSung Light is not too bad, but still the sizing of many common characters is off, like for 从,条,没,来,类,etc.

Edited by Jonathan C. Borland

This really depends on what fonts you have. One way to check is to copy/paste one of the glyphs into Apple's Character Viewer. You can access it from the keyboard menu if its enabled, or from Edit -> Special Characters in some standard mac programs like TextEdit or Safari. Paste the glyph into the Find box at the bottom right, then you can see each of the fonts that will render that glyph, and the basic styling it will use. That should help you find a font to use.

I have another question about Chinese typing in user notes. It's so wonderful to be able to add Chinese notes in accordance. However, when I try to copy the texts I type and paste into word, they all become numbers and symbols. If I type Chinese characters in word, and paste them into accordance user note, after I update it, it will have the same problem. Are there any possible solutions?

Best Regards,

Mutien Chen

Sorry, Unicode entry is supported for searching Bibles only. The Unicode keyboards can be used only for our own Biblical fonts. We don't support Chinese in User Notes.