Amplify Amalekites goes to wrong Entry

Carol K

I am on iOS 6.0.1, Accordance 1.5.3, iPod Touch 4G.

From 1 Samuel 27:8 in the NIV-G/K module I selected the word "Amalekites" and did an Amplify Word on it. I was taken to the entry for "Mount of the Amalekites" instead of the entry for "Amalekites." The up and down arrows at the bottom of the page were not grayed out but did not take me to any other entries dealing with Amalekites. My default dictionary is the Holman Dictionary.

I am on iOS 6.0.1, Accordance 1.5.3, iPod Touch 4G.

From 1 Samuel 27:8 in the NIV-G/K module I selected the word "Amalekites" and did an Amplify Word on it. I was taken to the entry for "Mount of the Amalekites" instead of the entry for "Amalekites." The up and down arrows at the bottom of the page were not grayed out but did not take me to any other entries dealing with Amalekites. My default dictionary is the Holman Dictionary.

In the Holman Dictionary there is only one hit in the Title field for Amalekites (plural), which is the one you referred to: Mount of the Amalekites. If you're referring to Amalekite (singular), neither the iOS nor Mac app ignore the plural; they both search for the exact word as amplified from.

I hope this helps…