Sync user tools from standard account

David Voth

Is there a way or will there be a way of syncing user modules from a standard account? I have a computer set up where I do my work mainly in a standard account. I can sync my purchased modules from the admin account, but my user tools are in the standard account and so aren't there when I sync. When Dropbox support comes to the Mac would that work?

David

I see no reason why Dropbox syncing would require an admin account so that may be the path forward.

OK I'll look forward to that and thanks for the continuing progress on th iOS app.

Is there a way or will there be a way of syncing user modules from a standard account? I have a computer set up where I do my work mainly in a standard account. I can sync my purchased modules from the admin account, but my user tools are in the standard account and so aren't there when I sync. When Dropbox support comes to the Mac would that work?

David

David,

As it says in the Help (Version 10 Installation and Updates > Sync to Mobile Devices):

Accordance content is licensed for one user. It is illegal to allow other users to load your modules on their computers or mobile devices. To protect the rights of the copyright owners of the content, the following protections are in place:

• The user of Accordance must be the Accordance admin.

If you are a somewhat advanced user then you can add your "standard" account as an Accordance admin by giving this account permission to read and write to the Accordance Application Support folder:

• Quit Accordance
  • You need to find the /Library/Application Support/Accordance folder
  • do Get Info on the folder
  • Click the lock icon to enter an administrator’s name and password.
  • In "Sharing and Permissions" add your "standard" account user (click plus icon) with Read/Write privilege.
  • Then use the gear menu to apply that to all the contents.
  • Rerun Accordance with your "standard" account and you should be able to Easy Install and Sync!

Let us know if this works for you,

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Thanks Mike, that helped.