Instant Details - Strong's option in Accordance 10?

Michael Miles

I prepare Bible studies for people that have zero or close to it experience in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek and have been using Strong's references and definitions in these studies for years as it has been easy enough to get interested students to go out and buy a printed version of the Strong's to follow along in the studies. I sort of use it as covert activity to get them interested in the original languages and to make them realize that a King James Version is not the original text. I'm sure many here can relate.

In Accordance 10 I see that we have now switched horses midstream to move to the Kohlenberger / Mounce Hebrew and Mounce Greek instead of the Strong's in our Instant Details window. While I'm all for trying new things (I still need to use these resources a bit before I can personally attest to their trustworthiness), I'd still like to have the ability to use the Strong's in my Instant Details.

How about not setting this change in stone and giving us a choice in our Preferences on what dictionaries to use for the Instant Details?

I can't even send students to amazon.com to pick up a print version Kohlenberger / Mounce Hebrew dictionary because there is no listing for one.

The normal Instant Details still shows the Strong's key number when working with Strong's text, and it still uses the same lemmas as before. Also, for all of the direct Strong's tagged texts (KJV, NAS) they still use the Strong's dictionaries. The only change was for the texts that we keyed ourselves (ESVS, HCSBS, NRSVS, a few others), instead of using our Greek and Hebrew Keys dictionaries, they were replaced by the KM/Mounce dictionaries, which are generally superior in almost every way.

Now, if you still want to access the Strong's dictionaries, you have a few options. First, you can look up the word from a KJVS or NAS95S text, which can cross highlight in parallel to show you very quickly which word to select. Second, you can still amplify to the Greek or Hebrew Strong's dictionaries. Third, you could set up a workspace containing both the KM Hebrew and Hebrew Strong's, with the Hebrew strong's linked to the KM hebrew. So, for each word just triple click and you'll see both entries.

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh! I get it.

Thank you Joel for the comprehensive answer to my concern. This will work just dandy.