Searching for particles example not working

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I've been trying to learn a bit about the Greek syntax module. In doing so I tried out the examples in this post : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6848

The attached image shows the search setup and it matches Marco's post. But the search says that there are no matching verses in the current range. I have checked the GNT-T text and it contains the verses in Macro's example. So its not the text.

Has something changed since Marco did the examples ? Is this a bug ?

Thx

D

Example.tiff

Participles or particles?

Ooops - never should post that late at night - participles.

Thx Julie,

D

I have the same problem. When I get tired, I sometimes can't even get the words coming out of my mouth straight!

Additionally, I'm just a dabbler compared to all of you scholars, so I often figure that the subject matter is just beyond my ability to understand (and it often is).

I gave the search a try; Accordance 10.1.2. This is what I got.

post-330-0-75653800-1357659608_thumb.png

Note that my search missed the neuter nominative participle πρεπον @ Mt 3:15 that shows up in Prof. Fabbri's search, yet I think I set it up correctly? I also got more hits, but I think Acts has been added to out Syntax module since his original post.

I redid the search adding Range = All Text and, as expected, got the same result.

Puzzled.

Not a scholar - just a geek with a penchant for the Gospel of John.

Only just got done with Mounce's first year grammar - more a danger to myself than a help to anyone at this point :)

BTW, looks like your screenshot is from the first part of Marco's post. Mine is the second part. I didn't verify the first parts results once I saw the behaviour of the second. Based on Joel's comments in the other thread there are issues here that need resolving. I'll try more once I see 10.1.3. In the meantime Wallace will keep me busy.

Thx

D

Wallace's book is excellent. We used the abbreviated version for 2nd year Greek, and the full version for 3rd year Greek (second time around).

The first time I took 3rd year Greek (let's call it Greek 3.1), one professor was teaching it, and he was good. At the end of that year, he said someone else was teaching it the next year, and I should ask him if I could sit in. I did, he said "yes," so I took it again. The two assigned different stuff to translate, the discussion was great. Then he left after one semester and I got yet another prof the the 2nd semester of Greek 3.2. Every single teacher I had was excellent. Didn't agree with their theology, but they were great at teaching the language. I only audited - it was $90 to audit, $400 to take it for credit. I'm an amateur, but I love the language. I am also a professing semi-geek. I don't know enough to be a full-fledged geek.

My search does start out like Prof. Fabbri's, but mine misses one of his hits. I don't understand why.

Edited by Julie Falling

There is definitely a bug that we've fixed for 10.1.3. Be sure to try again after the update!

Will do. Thanks, Joel. When might we be seeing Romans in the Syntax module?

I'm not sure about the timeframe. From what I understand, most if not all of the NT is tagged, but a lot of it needs to be checked and revised before they are ready to release more books to the public.

Hi Joel, thanx for this - I'll definitely try it again when 10.1.3. drops. And as a software developer I should know better than to ask for estimates on that.

Hi Julie, I don't understand the audit versus credit distinction exactly but I assume its cheaper because they don't give you exams or a degree or some such thing. But then I've not been to school in the US. In any case classes are not in my immediate future alas. Too much else going on. But Accordance is a great help so we'll see how far I get with it and books and Mounce's DVD are really very good.

Tx

D