Verb River

jarcher

I hate to point to features in other products but I'm curious if Accordance has any plans for something similar to Logos' verb river? If so, that would seem to be a very nice feature.

Peace,

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Funny you should mention it. I've just been playing with an alpha of Accordance 7.0 which features 4 completely new kinds of graphs and charts. I'm not at liberty at this point to describe them, but I can tell you two things:

1. They'll convey all the information you're asking for, plus a lot more.

2. They'll do it in a way which is much easier to understand.

More details will be forthcoming once we're ready to release version 7.

I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in this but I thought it was pretty neat so I'll go ahead and post it.

I have found that there is a very easy way to create a "verb mood chart" in the present version of Accordance.

For example, let's say that I want to compare the verb moods in Ephesians. Here is how.

1. If you don't already have a search range defined for Ephesians do so.

2. Select the Ephesians search range.

3. In the search box select your GNT-T and type "*@ [VERB indicative]"

4. Once you have the results, open the 'Details' box and open a new graph. Click 'Keep' to save the graph.

5. Go back to your search field and now search for all imperative verbs - "*@ [VERB imperative]"

6. Open the 'Details' box again and you should have a nice graph that shows the relationships between the indicative and imperative mood verbs in the book of Ephesians.

You may also use command-T (while viewing the graphe) to alter the 'words per hit' count for more detail.

This should work nicely until v7.

Peace,

Jeremy

post-211-1139889848.jpg

Archived