cmd+6

Fabian

Hello

With cmd+4 we can search for the selected word.

It would be nice if we can with cmd+6 (because its free) search for the Key from the selected word in tagged Bibles.

At the moment we have to select and push [alt] button and then go to the magnifying Glass icon to do a Key search for the selected word.

And this with the new automatic function :rolleyes:

Greetings

Fabian

If you hold down the Option key and choose Amplify > English Texts > KJVS, then it will search KJVS by key number instead of by word.

Now, by using System Preferences, you can create a keyboard shortcut for that menu item, and if you include the Option key in the shortcut, it will search by key number.

System Preferences > Keyboard > App Shortcuts

Add:

- Application: Accordance

- Menu Title: KJVS (any keyed text name which appears under Amplify > English Texts.)

- Keyboard Shortcut: ⌥⌘6 (Option-Command-6)

You can choose a different shortcut, but it must include the Option key. That is the trick.

Now when you press ⌥⌘6, it invokes the Amplify > English Texts > KJVS menu, and then Accordance notices that the Option key is down, so it does a key number search.

This was probably an unintentional feature, but I like it.

Hello

Thanks for your solution but:

By me comes with your solution then only the normal word from the KJVS.

If I take Menu Title: Wortnummer (word number) then I can search for the Key in every Bible not only in one (that I have write in the "Menu Title". But then I have first make a right-click to open the Menu-list and thats not a gain.

Its like by Tools from Accordance where you can with cmd+: change the show text as. But this is also a shortcut for nothing, because you have first go with the cursor on the triangle right above by the Zahnrad and open the first pull-down menu and then it works.

The self made short key don't work over one (second level) pull-down menu list only in the first level.

So please Accordance Add this cmd+6 and change the cmd+: to show text as by Tools.

Greetings

Fabian