Easton's Bible Dictionary

Mark Nigro

I am putting up two screen shots of this one just in case you are not able to reproduce the same problem. I seem to encounter unique bugs that often are not reproducible, although this one may simply be a link error and not a bug. To confirm the problem on my end, I shut down Accordance and reopened the article, wherein the error was still present. So here it is. In Easton's article about the gospel of Mark, there is a series of references which, when hovering the cursor over them, display as the book of Acts in my instant details box. Note the two screen shots. I am hovering over 6:27 in one, and 12:42 in the other, which display as Acts 6:15, and Acts 12:25.

post-29340-126776972811_thumb.jpg

post-29340-126776975851_thumb.jpg

These hyperlink errors are all too common in tools which were written long before the advent of computers, and in many modern ones as well. As we identify the reference as a link we try to automatically link it to the correct book. If the reference does not specify a book (an orphan), we link it to the last mentioned book in a link. As you can see, that's the link to Acts 11:20 in the previous paragraph. The intelligent reader knows that the article is on Mark, and so most orphan references probably refer to Mark, but our routines are less intelligent. We can of course correct the references manually, but we cannot go through entire works checking each reference. When the errors are reported to us we incorporate them in the next update.

So, as I say here at least once a week, please email me the corrections, and I will file them and produce them when needed. Thank you for bringing these to our attention, but they don't need to go on the Forum.

Archived