Searching Journals?

jcrews34

Hello,

I have recently bought the TLJ bundle, so I have a great resource at my fingertips, but I cannot figure out how to search through the journals as a group. I can pull up a specific journal (ex: JETS), and search for a keyword, but I am really wanting to know how to search through all the journals at 1 time...I have been able to put them in a "group" under the "my groups" section of my library pane window...but now not sure how to search with all of the journals in view...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, jcrews, and welcome to the forums!

If you go to the File menu, then New, then Search All, the far left drop-down menu that says "[All]" by default will allow you to select a collection from "My Groups" to search.

• Like 1

P.S. You can also access Search All from your toolbar, as shown at the top right of the attached screenshot.

post-31802-0-53967700-1398904988_thumb.png

In addition to Abram's options, here are some more for you:

• Right click any word (or reference) and select Search All, choosing your group, to search all of the items for that word (or reference).

• Right click the entry box of any search and similarly select Search All to turn that search expression into a Search All.

• Open each of your journals in a workspace (customize it as you want!) and save that workspace as a Favorite Workspace. Then, you can amplify to that workspace, showing results in each of your texts and tools in that workspace. Amplify to it via the Menu, toolbar, Library, or right-click.

I hope this helps give you some good options!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Great explanation Joel.

Question: how can I search at the same time on [title], [scripture], [author], etc???

I cannot find how to do with the search all

Search All cannot currently limit by field, but in your results you can see each field specifically in the browser on the left, so at a quick glance you should be able to find the per-field results quickly.