Accordance text pasted into Nisus Writer Pro has Hebrew language attribute

paulcruice

This topic is pasted here as Support have no answers.
The attached screen shot is of my word processor Nisus Writer Pro.
I have copied out of Accordance these NAS95S verses and pasted them into Nisus.
Notice two things:
1. Nisus sees these verses as having the Hebrew language attribute. In fact every English language text I have tested in Accordance, even my User bibles, has this same Hebrew language attribute in Nisus. While this problem may still be a Nisus issue, I have already been down this road with Nisus twice and they say it is an Accordance problem. I should also post-585-0-79964900-1406236242_thumb.pngmention that in Accordance I have Export using Unicode turned ON. If I turn this off the text pasted becomes even more bizarre.
2. If you look closely you will notice double spaces (invisibles displayed) between the following words:
Verse 1:

Verse 2:

Paragraph mark AND When,
on AND the
the AND mountain
2 AND He
Verse 3
Beginning inverted commas AND Blessed
the AND poor
for AND theirs
I have already complained of the first issue a couple of times without resolution.
The second issue I have not mentioned before but it has been around for a while now too. It seems to me that whoever did the latter text upgrades did not do a proper clear up of the text.
Neither of these were issues in the more distant past.
As always I hope you can help.

Paul,

just wanted to say that I too am experiencing this new behavior with Accordance and NWP. I'm posting two screenshots of this: the first one is using another Bible software and NWP; the second using Accordance and NWP.

Not certain why or what is causing the behavior - I'll contact Nisus shortly.

post-31077-0-49152400-1406253722_thumb.png

post-31077-0-03349100-1406253741_thumb.png

using Accordance 10.4.3.2

Edited by accord

I just checked and Accordance works fine within Mellel... so, most likely Nisus is the one misbehaving.

Maybe other users of NWP will give feedback on this issue.

Happens for me too, on a plain cut and paste, but it behaves itself in NWP if you do a past as citation.

Likewise, never a problem in Mellel.

Happens for me too, on a plain cut and paste, but it behaves itself in NWP if you do a past as citation.

Likewise, never a problem in Mellel.

Ken, thanks for checking!

I find it initially will paste into NWP as a citation just as one would expect; however formatting the font and paragraph then gives the result in my screenshot. Not only that, but clicking on a word will change the language attribute from English to Hebrew. At first there was also a formatting problem in the footnote citation where the footnote number started on the right side at the end of the footnote. In other words the footnote was L to R while the footnote number was R to L. Didn't reproduce that in the above screenshot.

For whatever reason this behavior is only with Accordance as resources cited from my other two Bible software programs work as expected. A mystery.

Using NWP 2.0.7

Interesting, you are correct! If I copy as a citation and paste in NWP, then click anywhere in the text, it goes to Hebrew localisation.

It's easy enough to change the text to something else (Aussie for me), but it shouldn't happen. I don't know what to make of it. :wacko:

I can confirm this as well, and forwarded it on to our app developers. It also occurs in Mellel if you look in the main Palette > Styles tab > Language. When exporting as Unicode Accordance is including code indicating it is Hebrew.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

In the meantime you can bypass the issue by using the Paste Text Only function (⇧⌘V) in Nisus which will remove attributes, including the language attribute, from the pasted text.

Mike

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone! Paul for bringing up this issue, and to Ken, Rick, and Mike for confirming. :)

• Like 1

I have sought twice with Nisus to consider the problem but without any success.

In fact, I actually fail to see how it can be a Nisus problem. How would Nisus know to give this English text a biblical language attribute. Surely the problem comes from Accordance.

I do know that this never happened in previous versions of Accordance and NWP.

It has only happened to me in the last year. When I get enough patience I am going to test this by deleting ALL Accordance stuff andy reinstalling an earlier version. This will be a real hassle but seems it will have to be done.

As well there are some other strange issues in recent versions like certain texts not maintaining their correct verse reference order. This too Accordance support has no answers for.

We have admitted above that this is a problem on Accordance and we will address it and fix it ASAP. There is no need to go to the trouble of reverting to an earlier version.

• Like 1