Systematic Theologies

John Allard

Would it be possible to get Grudhem's theology (or others)? Does any one here have a theology book request?

John, we can certainly look into getting Grudem's Systematic Theology (I personally would love to have it). In the meantime, we do have some older systematic theologies available. Calvin's Institutes and Charles Hodge's Systematic Theology are both included in the Premier Level of the Library CD-ROM, and A.H. Strong's Systematic Theology should be available soon.

Hope this helps.

Systematic Theology by Chafer,

Israelology by Fruchtenbaum,

Basic Theology by Ryrie

Although in a limited resources world, I'd rather have more language tools than theology tools.

• 1 month later...

Millard Erickson and Louis Berkohf's wouldn't be bad either. :D

• Like 1

Add Norman Geisler's new four volume systematic theology to the wish list!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Louis Berkohf's would rock my world. Without trying to be intentionally irritating I would vote for Berkhof and other such "older more established" works before the guys that are still alive. :)

I'm looking forward to A.H. Strong!

Edited by BrianBowman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Institutes of Elenctic Theology (3 vols orginally)

Author: Francis Turretin

The Economy of the Covenants Between God and Man

Author: Herman Witsius

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I'll go for Geisler and Grudem.

• 2 weeks later...
Systematic Theology by Chafer,

I liked to second the motion for Systematic Theology by Chafer.

Ed Cross

• 2 months later...

I'd like to see Robert L. Reymond's "A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith" available on Accordance.

Does no one read books any more?

Perhaps someone could explain the great benefit of having a systematic theology in electronic format?

I mean, I do understand if a work is out of print, but other than that is there a reason?

It would be wonderful to have my entire library searchable at my fingertips, but is that reasonable?

~Feeling old fashioned today it seems....

It's a valid question and I have my own concerns about this very topic, especially the "I don't need to know, I just need to know how to search" mindset. However, the simple matter is that I can't take my entire library with me everywhere I go. For me, portability has proven to be a driving factor.

Jeremy

• Like 1

Does no one read books any more?

Perhaps someone could explain the great benefit of having a systematic theology in electronic format?

I mean, I do understand if a work is out of print, but other than that is there a reason?

It would be wonderful to have my entire library searchable at my fingertips, but is that reasonable?

~Feeling old fashioned today it seems....

It's probably not reasonable to have an entire library searchable at your fingertips, but however unreasonable it seems today, it seems more and more like a possibility in the future. Just think of things like Google Book Search and Electronic, Searchable books on Amazon. Now for many books you can get an online searchable version that you can annotate for just a few dollars more. I can see that becoming more and more common as we become more technology-driven. Whether it's a good thing or not is up for debate. I think it could be a good thing (like the printing press) but with potential for very negative consequences (as the printing press has been used to spread all kinds of terrible and wicked magazines and other types of material).

For me, the reason I would want a systematic theology or other works like that (Edwards' Works for example) is for ease of access. If I'm reading through the systematic theology, I'd usually prefer the physical book. If I'm doing research on a topic, it's much quicker for me to look it up on the computer, especially with Scripture hyperlinks, dictionaries, and other reference materials readily available to cross reference. So for me, it boils down to what I'm doing with a particular work. For reading I'd rather have the book, but for research most of the time the electronic format is preferable. Good, thought-provoking question!

• 6 months later...

Grudem is good. How about Barth? I can usually remember that I read something in Church Dogmatics but forget exactly where. Electronic searching would be a real boon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I've seen that Accordance carries two of Berkhof's works but his systematic theology... has there been in progress in acquiring it over the last few years? Would love to have it... I grew up on it and would love to have it with the rest of his works... but a big thanks for all the other amazing resources you guys have provided for us!

• 2 years later...

Bump on Church Dogmatics... see how many people want it? ;-)