Greek & Hebrew font display in Thayer

bereanboarder

I have Thayer's book and in the definitions it contains both Greek and Hebrew fonts.

When I open Thayer in accordance all the words are there, but the only word that displays properly in Greek is the first one.

For instance the word "deceived", Thayer #5579 has both Greek and Hebrew words in the definition in the printed version, but not in what I see on my screen. I have both the Greek and Hebrew font installed and in the GNT-T and BHS-W4 2 all fonts look great.

Any suggestions?

The etext we used has these words in transliteration. Thus they are readable in Accordance but use our Rosetta font rather than Yehudit.

I have Rosetta installed but it does not display Greek or Hebrew text in Accordance, should it?

I'm doing a research paper for seminary and I need to quote Thayer with the Greek and Hebrew words intact, displayed in Greek and Hebrew, is this possible?

Let me add, short of the obvious. Of course it's possible to got to the verses and cut and paste it in. But is it possible to just cut and paste Thayer into a word processing document and have the text display correctly as Greek and Hebrew.

Sorry, there is no automatic conversion from Rosetta back to Yehudit. There is no way to do what you ask. We could try to do it for a future release, but this is the first time that anyone has requested the Hebrew, so I am making no promises.

Hmm... OK.

I would think more people would be doing research and want to include all the proper fonts in their papers, but... maybe that is just my seminary. (The Masters, as that goes)

On a somewhat related topic, in the Thayer lexicon there is a rather humorous typo for the word 4043, peripateo "to walk" found in Eph 5:2. Buried down in there, about 3/4 of the way through the definition is the following:

Winer

Also

In Ephesians 5:5 the word for "idolater" is linked to Thayer entry 1495, however, the '*' at the end of this entry indicates that all references to the word are covered (as I'm certain you are well aware) and Eph 5:5 is not listed. It is however listed in the next entry 1496.

Please just send typo reports directly to me, so I can file them for the next rev.

Sorry, there is no automatic conversion from Rosetta back to Yehudit. There is no way to do what you ask.

It wouldn't be hard to write a script that went through a document (in Word, for instance) and converted all Rosetta font and its characters into Helena and/or Yehudit (or even Unicode). I'm sure some items would be lost (omicron versus omega? Certain ambiguous vowel points? Not sure... never used Rosetta. (And, never used Thayer for a scholarly research paper.))

The grunt work would be compiling the exhaustive table of occurrences--every possible vowel+diacritical combination.

The table could be something like:

e

Archived