Linking tools to texts

Lance

This (or something similar) must surely have already been requested by someone somewhere on here. But I can't find it by searching or browsing, so please forgive a likely duplication ...

I'm thrilled to now have the M'Cheyne reading plan on my mac & iphone and syncing of user notes between the two machines. Congrats to the Accordance team on progressing with these features (which incidentally I requested way back when the iOS version was first released).

Having had a quick fiddle with it, I've discovered a shortcoming which I assume must apply to other tools as well (?) . In the desktop app clicking on the links for (e.g.) today's bible readings in M'Cheyne, of course, pops up an adjacent panel with the preferred bible text open at that passage. However nothing resembling that occurs in M'Cheyne on the iPhone. Instead you just get a small grey HUD (?) with the text of the passage. That would be OK if there was a way of then expanding the HUD to part or full screen; but that doesn't seem to be the case. As far as I can tell all you can do with the HUD is close it again or scroll within it to read the text. (But the latter isn't very functional because you can only see a few words at a time.)

It seems to me it would make much more sense (intuitively and functionally) if pressing the link in the reading plan took you straight to the bible text, be it in a HUD or the main screen. (And by implication, a link or button at the end of the passage to return you to the tool would be ideal.)

If I've missed something here, I'd be most happy to be enlightened :)

Anyway - it's all good. Please keep it up :)

This is just how all scripture hyperlinks are handled at this point.

Yeah, I suspected as much. Ah well, I imagine it's in the pipeline somewhere ...

Lance,

The ability to "amplify" by opening the module containing the linked information is on the list for the next version.

Scott.

Brilliant, Scott. Thanks for the info

Archived