can't install any new (or old) Acc item

Brad Pribbenow

I am having installation issues. My specs are:

Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac OS X 10.5.6

Accordance 8.1.3 (see below)

I have been flawlessly using Accordance 8.1.3 from the time I upgraded it (Dec 2008) until this past Monday. Monday night I attempted to unlock two Bible versions I neglected to unlock back in December when I upgraded to the Acc Scholar's Edition v8. When I attempted to install two new Bible versions, my installer simply stalled (spinning rainbow ball). I then downloaded the v8.2.2 upgrade. When I attempted to install that, I experienced the same result--stalling (spinning rainbow ball).

I spoke with an Accordance tech over the phone and was instructed to do a number of things:

1. attempt to install a different program on my macbook--I installed one of my kid's games. The install worked

2. "trash" my version 8.1.3 and attempt again to install 8.2.2--this didn't work (same result as above)

3. empty the trash (he thought that the Accordance installer might still be able to see that file in my trash)--this didn't work either

I've attempted to install 8.1 from my DVD, but I get the same result. I even tried to install v7.x. I'm desperate. Nothing is working.

I've repaired my permissions a gazzilion times. It seems that my issue is with the Accordance installer and not other installers in general. The tech I spoke with encouraged me to call AppleCare (which I just purchased). But I think that, since this problem happens ONLY with Accordance, they are going to tell me it's an Accordance problem, not a general Mac problem.

Can anyone assist me with this annoying problem (now that I've trashed my working 8.1.3 version...and I can't install anything else, Accordance is unusable to me!)?

Brad

Unlike other installers, Accordance installers have to search the hard drive, so if all our installers hang it probably is a problem with the disk directory on your hard drive.

I sent you a PM, but hesitate to call at this hour. When you reply we will find a workaround and solution for you, but off the Forum.

Unlike other installers, Accordance installers have to search the hard drive, so if all our installers hang it probably is a problem with the disk directory on your hard drive.

FYI, I did indeed have a disk directory problem. I tried to do a disk repair but that failed too. With the help of AppleCare I reformatted my hard drive and all is well again! I'm thankful that I make regular back-ups. It made restoring my files very simple!

Archived