Tabs gone

danzac

I don't know what has changed since the last time I used Accordance, but all of my new windows are being opened in separate windows. I have always had them opening in tabs. In the preferences the very first option in General "Open initial window as workspace with tabs" IS CHECKED. I never change my preferences, except for switching unicode copy on and off. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sounds like you don't have a workspace open?

Danny,

Since you can have a mixture of workspaces and separate windows, Accordance needs a way to determine whether a new resource should be opened as a tab in a workspace or as an independent window. The way it does it is by looking at the currently active window. If the front window is a workspace, any new resource will be opened as a tab within that workspace. If the front window is a separate window, the new resource will be opened as a separate window.

I suspect that at some point you might have broken a tab out of a workspace and then, with that separate window active, you began opening other resources. The easiest way to get all these errant windows back in a workspace is to start using the Merge windows command repeatedly until all those windows are merged back into one workspace.

Either that, or you can close all windows and then hit command-N to open a new window as a workspace.

Hope this helps.

And just to add to the explanation, what David describes will continue even after quit and restart if you have Accordance set to remember the last windows upon quit. Hence, you keep starting up with a detached window each time, and all new ones follow suit.

Ahh, thanks very much for the help.

Archived