Acc 9: Key Text Highlighting Still Work?

mikes

With the new zone feature in v9 it appears that mousing over a word in one key'd text no longer highlights the same keyed word(s) in the other texts. I tried to tie with no luck. Is this feature just gone??

It is working for me. Are you sure you have a Key number text and a tagged text as parallel panes? It won't work across zones.

• 2 weeks later...

Word highlighting works for me, but it is not nearly as precise as in version 8.x. I have to hunt around to get the highlighting to work. I'll hover over a word in the KJVS (or ESVS etc.) and the GNT-T will not show anything highlighted (I'm hovering over a main verb, not just an article). If I start moving my mouse left or right eventually something close by or part of the Greek verb highlights. It's almost like the word highlighting is mis-adjusted or misaligned?

Word highlighting works for me, but it is not nearly as precise as in version 8.x. I have to hunt around to get the highlighting to work. I'll hover over a word in the KJVS (or ESVS etc.) and the GNT-T will not show anything highlighted (I'm hovering over a main verb, not just an article). If I start moving my mouse left or right eventually something close by or part of the Greek verb highlights. It's almost like the word highlighting is mis-adjusted or misaligned?

I opened the GNT-T in parallel with 4 key number texts and the highlighting worked perfect with no delay Greek > English and English > Greek. Not sure why the difference.

I opened the GNT-T in parallel with 4 key number texts and the highlighting worked perfect with no delay Greek > English and English > Greek. Not sure why the difference.

Same issue here, words highlighted in certain areas-not correct or same in parallel texts ( highlighting non-related words) , highlighting not centered, curser tracking is off in places= highlighting occurs when curser "between words" instead of "on them".

Trying to figure out how to save screenshot without moving curser.

Hope this helps,

Rusty+

Same issue here, words highlighted in certain areas-not correct or same in parallel texts ( highlighting non-related words) , highlighting not centered, curser tracking is off in places= highlighting occurs when curser "between words" instead of "on them".

Trying to figure out how to save screenshot without moving curser.

Hope this helps,

Rusty+

Hi, Rusty!

Yes, a screenshot will help us identify this problem and solve it. Shift-command-3 will take a snapshot of your screen and place it on your desktop. No cursor required.

Hi, Rusty!

Yes, a screenshot will help us identify this problem and solve it. Shift-command-3 will take a snapshot of your screen and place it on your desktop. No cursor required.

Oops, no screen shots.

incorrect

post-30388-128584928394_thumb.png

correct

post-30388-128584930492_thumb.png

incorrect

post-30388-128584932788_thumb.png

correct

post-30388-128584934645_thumb.png

Nothing seems to be "off" when using the NAS95S, however, with ESVS or KJVS there seem to be several "tracking issues".

Hope this helps.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

incorrect

correct

incorrect

correct

Rusty,

There are a couple different things going on here, and only one of which is a minor bug. I'll try and explain though the quote doesn't retain the screen shots.

First, the GNT-TRS text is not really a tagged Greek text; at least not like the GNT-TR. It is a special case where we added the Strong's numbers that match up with the KJV to it. So, when you hover over a Greek word in it, it will not cross-highlight with another key number text (like the ESVS or KJVS).

Second, in your example of John 20.23 in the GNT-TR > KJVS, the word ἄν highlights 'sins' because 'sins' is double tagged with the key numbers for both Greek words. So, hovering over ἄν and ἁμαρτίας will highlight 'sins.' Personally, I don't agree with this method of tagging, but we inherited the KJVS and used it's existing tagging. In the ESVS this needs to be corrected; I'll add it to my list.

Lastly, the slight bug is how ἄν is highlighted in the GNT-TRS. The whole word should be highlighted. I have reported these types of bugs in the past, but they still persist in some cases. They will sometimes occur with words that have accents or capital letters (if I remember correctly). Sometimes a space before/after the word is highlighted. As these are noticed we can report them. I haven't seen any where the word is entirely unhighlighted.

Let me know if I missed anything.

incorrect

correct

incorrect

correct

Nothing seems to be "off" when using the NAS95S, however, with ESVS or KJVS there seem to be several "tracking issues".

Hope this helps.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

One more thing

Rusty,

There are a couple different things going on here, and only one of which is a minor bug. I'll try and explain though the quote doesn't retain the screen shots.

First, the GNT-TRS text is not really a tagged Greek text; at least not like the GNT-TR. It is a special case where we added the Strong's numbers that match up with the KJV to it. So, when you hover over a Greek word in it, it will not cross-highlight with another key number text (like the ESVS or KJVS).

Second, in your example of John 20.23 in the GNT-TR > KJVS, the word ἄν highlights 'sins' because 'sins' is double tagged with the key numbers for both Greek words. So, hovering over ἄν and ἁμαρτίας will highlight 'sins.' Personally, I don't agree with this method of tagging, but we inherited the KJVS and used it's existing tagging. In the ESVS this needs to be corrected; I'll add it to my list.

Lastly, the slight bug is how ἄν is highlighted in the GNT-TRS. The whole word should be highlighted. I have reported these types of bugs in the past, but they still persist in some cases. They will sometimes occur with words that have accents or capital letters (if I remember correctly). Sometimes a space before/after the word is highlighted. As these are noticed we can report them. I haven't seen any where the word is entirely unhighlighted.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Rick: First, thanks and yes, I realize i am not working with the best "texts and tagging yet", I had been trying to make some final platform decisions before spending and will be updating soon.

I was not able to recreate this morning, some of the highlighting issues of last night, which were pretty severe in some cases.

The only thing that is different that I know of is: my macbook seemed sluggish and I had the "spinning wheel" in several areas/program launches etc after updating ITunes and a couple of other outboard programs yesterday.

Thus I did the usual permissions repair ( several were needed ) and general cleaning ( cache etc. ).

This morning, things are stable and, I cannot replicate most of the "highlight-tracking" issues.

That said, there are a few, but they are slight.

There are some issue's concerning curser placement, but again, they are slight, minor mouse movement/placement issues.

I am not sure, using several texts, how accurate one could get on those little spacing things, mostly it is in moving "towards or away" from a word.

As long as curser is: "in or on" the word, then things seem to be pretty much fine.

Again, there are places where the highlight is not "exactly centered" on the word, but this is true when I highlight as well!-smile.

Hope this was helpful and not just taking up more time needed in other areas.

Thanks again,

Rusty+

Rick: First, thanks and yes, I realize i am not working with the best "texts and tagging yet", I had been trying to make some final platform decisions before spending and will be updating soon.

I was not able to recreate this morning, some of the highlighting issues of last night, which were pretty severe in some cases.

The only thing that is different that I know of is: my macbook seemed sluggish and I had the "spinning wheel" in several areas/program launches etc after updating ITunes and a couple of other outboard programs yesterday.

Thus I did the usual permissions repair ( several were needed ) and general cleaning ( cache etc. ).

This morning, things are stable and, I cannot replicate most of the "highlight-tracking" issues.

That said, there are a few, but they are slight.

There are some issue's concerning curser placement, but again, they are slight, minor mouse movement/placement issues.

I am not sure, using several texts, how accurate one could get on those little spacing things, mostly it is in moving "towards or away" from a word.

As long as curser is: "in or on" the word, then things seem to be pretty much fine.

Again, there are places where the highlight is not "exactly centered" on the word, but this is true when I highlight as well!-smile.

Hope this was helpful and not just taking up more time needed in other areas.

Thanks again,

Rusty+

No problem. But, don't feel like you have to upgrade in order for things to work properly. That certainly isn't the case. Hopefully your description and the other one in this thread are enough for our programmers to isolate an issue. If you see it again, feel free to post further descriptions or screen shots.

No problem. But, don't feel like you have to upgrade in order for things to work properly. That certainly isn't the case. Hopefully your description and the other one in this thread are enough for our programmers to isolate an issue. If you see it again, feel free to post further descriptions or screen shots.

Will do if I see anything.

Need to upgrade some things anyway, looking forward to more of the tools I am used to as well as some new ones.

Thanks again,

Rusty+

Here's what's happening to me with word highlighting being out of "sync".

In the first picture my cursor was over the word "υἱοῦ" in Mat 1:1. You will notice the corresponding highlight is placed off in the margin.

In the second picture my cursor was over the second instance of "Ἰσαὰκ" in Mat 1:2

Because everything is not correctly "aligned" you have to move the cursor around a lot to find the correct highlighting. Putting your cursor in the middle of a word (either English or Greek) doesn't necessarily give you the correct word highlighting.

post-513-128596843453_thumb.png

post-513-128596844927_thumb.png

Archived