Zone search window

LW3

I'm using Acc-9. Here is the problem I'm seeing.

I have the HCSBS text pane open alone with HCSB notes. If I click on a scripture reference under HCSB-Notes, the scripture is shown in a zone window. However, the search result in the zone window is displayed in ESVS text which is my default under general preferences. Should not the results shown in the search/zone window be the same Bible text (i.e., HCSBS) where I started my search? This feature seems to work differently from the Acc-8 version.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

If you type Command-T or do Display menu -> Set Tool Display, you can select the Text to use for Hypertexting. Remember to hit 'Use as Default' if you want to always use those settings for that tool.

If you want to set it as the default for all tools its under Preferences -> Tool Display.

The only time the new window's text is assumes is when hyperlinking from a Notes pane. In those cases it will always take the Search text. For all other tools, they can be set to a default or whatever your specific preference is.

I'm using Acc-9. Here is the problem I'm seeing.

I have the HCSBS text pane open alone with HCSB notes. If I click on a scripture reference under HCSB-Notes, the scripture is shown in a zone window. However, the search result in the zone window is displayed in ESVS text which is my default under general preferences. Should not the results shown in the search/zone window be the same Bible text (i.e., HCSBS) where I started my search? This feature seems to work differently from the Acc-8 version.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, LW3!

We allow users to specify a which text their tools hyperlink to, so just because you click an HCSBS note doesn't necessarily mean you'll go to an HCSBS text. You may set it for any text you like! You can find the hypertext text preference under Accordance>Preferences>Tool Display.

If you type Command-T or do Display menu -> Set Tool Display, you can select the Text to use for Hypertexting. Remember to hit 'Use as Default' if you want to always use those settings for that tool.

If you want to set it as the default for all tools its under Preferences -> Tool Display.

The only time the new window's text is assumes is when hyperlinking from a Notes pane. In those cases it will always take the Search text. For all other tools, they can be set to a default or whatever your specific preference is.

Appreciate your help ... your instructions are just what I needed.

Thank you!

Archived