Sorting search results

Tim Gascho

Before using Bible software I used "Young's Analytical Concordance" in my Bible study. The advantage of Young's was that it grouped the verses by Greek and Hebrew words which were translated into the English word. For example, under the listing for "love" the verses would be grouped by "agape", "phileo", etc. Is there a way in Accordance to automatically sort the search results of an tagged English text by the underlying word in the original text?

If I am understanding your wish correctly, as long as you are using a tagged English Bible (usually indicated with an "S" appended to the module name, e.g., KJVS, NAS95S, NIV-G/K [Goodrick-Kohlenberger], NRSVS, ESVS, etc.), choosing to show the Analysis under the Display will show the results of your word searches with all the matching original language headwords.

When I search a tagged text I would like a display something like this

love

G0026 agapao

Matt. 5:43 it was said,

This is on the list of improvements that we plan to make in the near future, to sort the Concordance results by Key number or by lemma.

Until the improvement if you don't mind spending a bit of time on it you could do a number of searches

1. Search for love

2. Look at the analysis pane for the key number

3. For each key number in the analysis pane do a key number search where the word is translated love. For example

[KEY G0025] @ love

would give you a list of all those instances of G0025 which are translated love. Of course this would be a bit long winded if there were lots of key numbers to go through.

Not sure how you handle those without a key number that might be a bit more complicated.

Archived