HTML for HTML User Tool Import

Mike Doyle

I am trying to import a 6 page paper I wrote into a User Tool. I have few hierarchy levels that I want to import as well. I have followed the format David mentioned about, <h1> for the the first heading and <h2> for the second heading and so on. But every time that I import my tool, the marker is just imported with it. For example if I have a title of <h1>My User Tool, it imports <h1>My User Tool, or if I try <h1>My User Tool<h1>, it imports <h1>My User Tool<h1>. So my first question is, which format is correct (I would guess the later)? and is there something I am doing wrong in the import?

Hi Justin

Not sure if you've solved this yet. Just checking, do you have header and body tags in your HTML?

<html>

<body>

<h1>my heading</h1>

</body>

</html>

No. What I do (thanks to Sean B) ) is create what I want it a Word or Pages document then save it as a plain text document then replace the .txt with .html and import into Accordance. This has worked well, but I am having problems with bullets and indents, but for the most part it works. I just returned to the city from the tribe, so I am currently downloading 8.1, I don't know if this will solve any of the issues I am having with the bullets. If not, do you have any suggestions for this? I am not adding the <html> or <body>, does that matter? Thanks.

• 11 months later...

.... Pretty snowed under at the moment - so be patient.

And of course - if people want the good, formatted nicely stuff - do buy the modules off the Accordance site. As David mentioned - you can get all of Calvin's commentaries for only $30 - and they're not a kludge.

Mike

Hey there! I think this is a GREAT project. There's so much there in the CCEL stuff that would be handy and is not offered as an Accordance module already (as far as I know). Is there any way that I could get a copy of this script and a brief "how-to" for a guy who's not a programmer or anything like that? (I do have some computer skills though, so I'm not a total n00b...)

Thanks!

Hey there! I think this is a GREAT project. There's so much there in the CCEL stuff that would be handy and is not offered as an Accordance module already (as far as I know). Is there any way that I could get a copy of this script and a brief "how-to" for a guy who's not a programmer or anything like that? (I do have some computer skills though, so I'm not a total n00b...)

Thanks!

Hi

I've had a couple of requests for this over the last year or not. The good news is I did do some work on the project. The bad news is it's not complete, and work on it has completely ground to a stop - and has been stopped for over a year.

It ground to a halt primarily because the different CCEL books are not HTML formatted in a consistent manner, and so finding a "best case" export tool was proving to be somewhat hard. The tool I made certainly made them importable into Accordance, but they were far from pretty. There were other minor issues such as the size of the files and time it took to import, and a slight copywrite concern.

Realistically, this project won't be happening from me until at the earliest next year (2010) - and to be truthful, even then it will be at the bottom of my priority list.

I am happy for someone to take over the project, and do whatever you like with it. I have no problems with people taking my code and using it for themselves, with no restrictions at all.

It's a perl script I wrote.

If you're interested, email me at michael r doyle at g mail dot com (remove the spaces, replace at with @ and dot with ".").

Mike

Archived