BUG 10.3.2 - Scripture Links Trick Inaccurate

Matt Fredenburg

As detailed here (http://www.accordancebible.com/Scripture-Link-Tricks), if one wants to display a contiguous set of references, one clicks, drags across the desired references, and releases. Looking at the ESV Study Bible for Genesis 1:28, on the Mac version of Accordance when I click and drag across the Numbers 32:22, 29 references, just Numbers 32:22, and Numbers 32:29 are displayed (as would be expected), but on the Windows version, doing the same thing displays Numbers 32:18, 32:22, 32:25, and 32:29. On the Mac version it says 'verse 1 of 2' and on the Windows version it says 'verse 1 of 4'

Matt

Edited by Matt Fredenburg

Hey Matt,

I'm not repro'ing this. I get just the two verses on Win.Just to be sure that I'm testing what you're testing its these refs in this passage right ?

The term “subdue” (Hb. kabash) elsewhere means to bring a people or a land into subjection so that it will yield service to the one subduing it (Num. 32:22, 29).

From v 1.4 of the ESV Study Bible.

Thx

D

Hey Matt,

I'm not repro'ing this. I get just the two verses on Win.Just to be sure that I'm testing what you're testing its these refs in this passage right ?

The term “subdue” (Hb. kabash) elsewhere means to bring a people or a land into subjection so that it will yield service to the one subduing it (Num. 32:22, 29).

From v 1.4 of the ESV Study Bible.

Thx

D

Hi Daniel, thanks for your feedback. If you simply open the ESV Study Bible, then yes, it only shows the two for me as well. I have the ESV Study Bible open as a parallel alongside the ESVS and when I do the same action, it shows four verses as stated in the original post. As you know, in order to duplicate a bug, *every* single thing has to be identical or else all is lost! :)

Matt

post-30573-0-67112400-1385268557_thumb.png

OK so I tried it as a pair of tied tabs and as a single tab with parallel ESVS and ESV Study Bible and neither repros. this, So I'm still missing something. When in a parallel pane set up and I highlight multiple links I get another zone (Context) opened with the two tabs in parallel again. What's interesting is that the ESVS pane of that tab has the 6 verses selected in it. Thee ESV Study Bible pane in that tab looks to be showing all the text but as you move through the hits in the ESVS pane it jumps to the right places it seems.

Ah Ok - its related to the context slider position I think. If context is set to A I cannot repro. this. If its not then I can repro. it. Actually I repro'd it once after playing with the context slider. I then closed and opened a new one to try again, because once I repro'd it it would not go away. After getting a new WS I couldn't repro. it again.

There is a way to repro. this but I have not quite got the steps down. Any more hints ? :)

thx

D

OK so I tried it as a pair of tied tabs and as a single tab with parallel ESVS and ESV Study Bible and neither repros. this, So I'm still missing something. When in a parallel pane set up and I highlight multiple links I get another zone (Context) opened with the two tabs in parallel again. What's interesting is that the ESVS pane of that tab has the 6 verses selected in it. Thee ESV Study Bible pane in that tab looks to be showing all the text but as you move through the hits in the ESVS pane it jumps to the right places it seems.

Ah Ok - its related to the context slider position I think. If context is set to A I cannot repro. this. If its not then I can repro. it. Actually I repro'd it once after playing with the context slider. I then closed and opened a new one to try again, because once I repro'd it it would not go away. After getting a new WS I couldn't repro. it again.

There is a way to repro. this but I have not quite got the steps down. Any more hints ? :)

thx

D

Hi Daniel,

None that I can think of, it could be some setting buried in my preferences. No idea other than it does not work as it ought to!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

This bug still exists in 10.3.3 and still works as expected in Accordance for Mac.

Matt