Complete Ancient Commentary

Helen Brown

The Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture is an extraordinarily valuable resource for today's Christian. It mines the writings of the church fathers for nuggets of wisdom, explanations of teaching, and early understanding of the written word. It compiles these treasures into an accessible commentary on the entire Bible. Accordance puts this priceless treasure at your fingertips. Available only on CD-ROM, at the low sale price of $308, order this unique commentary here now, and we'll ship it out next week.

See today's Blog and an article with a list of each volume and more publisher's information.

Lets see ... I have already paid $384 just for Vol. 1. For an additional $135 I can upgrade to the full module. Grand total: $519 for a module that can now be purchased for $308 ($385 if not on sale). Why would I subject myself to such treatment? Does anyone else think this is outrageously unfair? Why would anyone in his right mind ever again purchase an incomplete module?

Sorry, these prices were all set by InterVarsity, so you will need to take this up with them. However, it's not uncommon that prices do come down, and early adopters end up paying more. You have had the use of the module for quite some time. Other commentary series like WBC and Hermeneia started off even higher, and after a year or so the price dropped by a lot. We don't do this for modules where we control the prices. It's one of the drawbacks of this business that we sell other people's intellectual property, and cannot control every aspect of content, timing, or prices.

Most of your sale items indicate the time period of the sale price. I could not find this for the Complete Ancient Commentary.

Is there an end to this great sale?

Thanks for continuing to provide a feast of excellent resources!

Sorry, these prices were all set by InterVarsity, so you will need to take this up with them. However, it's not uncommon that prices do come down, and early adopters end up paying more. You have had the use of the module for quite some time. Other commentary series like WBC and Hermeneia started off even higher, and after a year or so the price dropped by a lot. We don't do this for modules where we control the prices. It's one of the drawbacks of this business that we sell other people's intellectual property, and cannot control every aspect of content, timing, or prices.

No, this is a "permanent" sale price, but we/IVP reserve the right to change it at any time.

Have links to other Accordance modules (specifically the church fathers) been integrated into this module? The ability to read a snippet in ACCS and then with a mere click open the relevant module to view the context would be exceptional.

I'm sorry, no. This was, for technical reasons, an extremely difficult module to produce, hence the long delay. We simply could not take more time to make hyperlinks to other modules, although we are trying hard to do this for many new modules and updates. Also, the references to the quotations are to Schaff. I understand that they used different and additional sources (newer and better), so linking would be very laborious.

Have links to other Accordance modules (specifically the church fathers) been integrated into this module? The ability to read a snippet in ACCS and then with a mere click open the relevant module to view the context would be exceptional.

Yeah, as Helen said; even with the difficulties encountered, it was pretty much impossible to match up the citations in a way that we could link to them.

• 2 months later...

WIll this run on Lion. The Amazon advert for it (Dated October 11, 2011) states that it "Requires Mac OS 7.1 through 9; built for Mac OSX (Not compatible with OSX Lion). Or PC with Mac emulator. Runs on Accordance software from OakTree."

The "not compatible with OSX Lion" phrase is giving me pause.

The IVP website also carries this note of caution.

It states that it is available as a download on Logos. Is it available or do you have plans to make this available through download?

Thanks for clarifying this.

Works fine on Lion. No problem.

The Accordance version works fine on Lion. Currently contract obligations do not allow this product to be downloadable.

Archived