STYLE link in User Tool?

Larry Wing

I thought it would be nice to be able to go to one source to search for all my various highlights and thought putting a link in a User Tool would be best. However, I can't get the link to work. Is it even possible?

If not, are there other ways to save the searches in one module or ??

I've actually wanted this before now for construct searches - the ability to save them in user tools for later re-execution. But apart from putting the search text in a User Tool and then cutting and pasting it I don't know of a way to do this.

Thx

D

You can link to a saved construct tab file in your User Tool, or a saved search of any kind there by linking to its file.

In an upcoming release, we are adding expanded link support that would enable you to put a highlight STYLE search directly in there.

You can link to a saved construct tab file in your User Tool, or a saved search of any kind there by linking to its file.

What I am trying to do requires saving a large number of searches and I didn't want to have a slew of files, but rather a self-contained User Tool. I may experiment further with this soon. I've let that project lapse since that time.

Thx

D

Joel, it sounds like your recommendation would result in static results. Right?

I'm looking for a way to click a link and it would re-create the search so it would include new styles added.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I may try to use it anyway.

If you save a workspace with a search, that search is repeated each time you open the workspace so it will update the results.