UBS Handbooks for OT

russellallen

Hi,

Accordance already has the great UBS Handbook series for the New Testament. It has been really useful to me and I'd like to be able to buy the matching OT books, but these aren't yet available for Accordance.

Cheers,

Russell

• Like 6

+1

It would be great to see more involvement with Bible translation tools and the world of translation theory in general.

• 3 months later...

I have learned a lot of useful information about the nature of world's languages through the NT series. I would surely buy the OT series at some point if it only was made available. These series really help translators in situations where it seems really hard to find a correct expression in the target language.

Edited by Martti
  • Like 1

Just noticed this and in particular

+1

It would be great to see more involvement with Bible translation tools and the world of translation theory in general.

Daniel, what books on translation theory were you thinking about ?

thx

D

United Bible Society.

thx

D

• 4 weeks later...

I haven’t seen any response from the Accordance folks here (unless I missed it?). Is there a way to know whether this is something likely to happen in the near future?

We have it on our request list, but don't have anything else of substance to report yet.

As we have grown, our user base has become much more diverse, along with the number of requests for more resources. We're thrilled with the growth (or course), but have had a bit of trouble keeping up with the demand. We have recently increased the number of people working on acquiring resources though, so you should see an increase of our rate of acquisitions soon.

On a historical note, when I began podcasting in 2009, I had no trouble allotting a podcast to each new resource we published. That's simply not possible now, we add far more resources every month than there are podcasts! Those people who have been with us for awhile realize just how much our output has already increased.

We appreciate everyone's patience and just want you to know that we have geared up to meet demand (again!).

We have recently increased the number of people working on acquiring resources though, so you should see an increase of our rate of acquisitions soon.

Also for different languages, and Geman too? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes!  I'm waiting expectantly for UBS OT.  I've enjoyed UBS NT exceedingly, it will be a grand day indeed when OT is released. 

Randy

• 10 months later...

Any updates as to when we may see UBS OT Translator's Notes released? 

Randy

Yes, I would like to see this.

Also, is anyone else familiar with the Semantic Structure Analysis series that was being published by Summer Institute of Linguistics?

I have a paper copy of Titus from 1987.

These would complement the UBS series.

• 1 month later...

I'm not familiar with SSA but I did notice that they have  published only 11 volumes in the series to date. The Semantic Structure of Written Communication might be interesting to read first given they are based on that model.

Thx

D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

+1 for UBS OT Handbook

At this rate it will be after it's complete... I know Judges and two of the minor prophets are missing from there series..

-dan

EDIT: Released this year.Judges.jpg

Edited by Daniel Francis

Please, please I beg and plead upon hands and knees, make this available! Can anyone from accordance administration comment on when it might be available? I mean at least even if I knew it would be worst case five more years, I could have a little closure...

• Like 1