Enhanced Verse Cut and Paste with Keystrokes

tennysonm

I have recently switched from esword and I am very glad I did. In almost all ways Accordance is better. There is one feature I miss: using keystrokes to do whole verse cut and paste. It is difficult to explain what I am talking about since it would be easy for the reader to think I am talking about their more prominent feature of verse cutting and pasting with a mouse. In that cumbersome, more prominent, feature you right clicked anywhere in a verse, selected "Copy Verse, selected your desired format, and clicked copy. This was excruciatingly slow. However after you did that one time it remembered your default desired format, which is important to doing the whole thing with keystrokes described in the next paragraph. The desired formatting included such things as showing the verses separately, in paragraphs, or reference only.

However, when you had done the above one time, you simply put the cursor inside any verse and hit "shift command c" and it copied the entire verse in the format last used in the mouse process described above. For multiple verses you just put the cursor anywhere in the first verse you wanted and drag it anywhere in the last verse you wanted and it copied all the verses completely following your default formatting. It was very handy.

I realize that accordance has some cut and paste powers that are similar, but the main point is the lack of care you have to use in selecting the start and ending of the desired verses.