Moving from search results to whole Bible

Ben

Hi folks,

Say I've done a search for a particular word and Zech 4:3 has come up, along with a whole lot of other verses. Is there a way to quickly jump to Zech 4:3 in a whole Bible? I realise I can highlight the verse reference, 'search' for it in a tab and then add context, but I'd like to be able to do it the other way if possible.

-Click anywhere in Zech 4:3

-Click on the context button on the resource pallette It looks like a scroll with arrows pointing up and down.

-A new text window opens, showing Zech 4:3 in context (i.e. in the whole Bible)

I only recently discovered this one myself.

Lorinda

You can also choose "All" from the Add Context menu under "More Options" in the search window. That will show you the entire text you searched, bookmarking the hits, so you can easily move from one hit to the next with the entire text showing at the same time.

Easiest way I've found to do that is click in the verse reference (in Zech 4:3) and then click ⌘+5. That opens a new window with the text I searched displayed and my verse selection bookmarked.

And yet another way to open Context is in the Lookup submenu of the contextual menu.

Oh, sweet. That's three ways to do something I didn't know how to do at all!

Thanks so much.

Incidentally, when I use the Context button on the Resource Palette, how do I control what versions come up in panes in that new tab?

Oh, sweet. That's three ways to do something I didn't know how to do at all!

Thanks so much.

Incidentally, when I use the Context button on the Resource Palette, how do I control what versions come up in panes in that new tab?

It should be controlled by what text your original search is in if I remember correctly.

Archived