International bibles with Strong's numbers

Caspar

International bibles with Strong's numbers  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

I would really like to see International bibles with Strong's numbers in Accordance.

Thanks,

Caspar

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Ja da gibt es noch einige die Accordance noch nicht im Programm hat. Das würde natürlich die Verbreitung von Accordance stark unterstützen.

• Like 1

I'd like the Chinese Union Version with Strongs or keyed Hebrew & Greek lemmas or something.

• Like 1

I am used not to have it in Italian. But if I could...I can use the Italian Bible more often, I guess

• Like 1

I voted yes even though I am not one who will be using it (english is my only fluent language) because I have found it helpful enough to wish everyone would have access to these resources.

-Dan

• Like 1

Portuguese with Strong's numbers

• Like 1

I send Helen a Link from the Brazilian Bible Society, they have a Bible in Portuguese with Strong's.

Studybible.info has two Chinese version with Strong's.

Last time I ask the owner of obohu.cz and he has send me the Luther 1912 with Strong's and I send it to Helen. Maybe Studybible does the same? I will ask them.

Yes more Bibles with Strong's or GK would be great for Accordance.

I'm in hope :)

• Like 1

"Olive Tree" and "Logos", already have a Bible in Portuguese with Strong's.

• Like 1

Hi,
As I am new to Bible software everything is just new to me. I am excited with this discussions and also in other related threads, but also have a question needs to be answer.

@ Who is keying in the Key Numbers at the moment? The copyrights holder, the staff from Accordance, contractors, volunteers, or others?

I think the answer is crucial as this would affect the speed, or even any chances of completion on this huge project.

I do would like Chinese, my native language, available with Key numbers and patiently waiting. However, I also wondering if this can be achieved in the near future.

Hi,

As I am new to Bible software everything is just new to me. I am excited with this discussions and also in other related threads, but also have a question needs to be answer.

@ Who is keying in the Key Numbers at the moment? The copyrights holder, the staff from Accordance, contractors, volunteers, or others?

I think the answer is crucial as this would affect the speed, or even any chances of completion on this huge project.

I do would like Chinese, my native language, available with Key numbers and patiently waiting. However, I also wondering if this can be achieved in the near future.

At present we have no plans to commission a project to tag a Chinese Bible with Strong's numbers. We are however open to licensing texts already tagged, which we would then develop for use in Accordance.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For our Portuguese speaking people

Elismar Vilvock (SBB Suporte)

30 Jun 12:12

Olá Fabian,

Realmente, temos uma boa parceria com a Olive Tree.
Muito obrigado pelos endereços de contato.
Iremos levar sua sugestão em consideração.

Fraternalmente,

Elismar Vilvock
Gerente de Desenvolvimento de Publicações Digitais
Secretaria de Tradução e Publicações

Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil
Semeando a Palavra que transforma vidas

That gives hope that, one day comes a portuguese bible with strong's to Accordance

• Like 1

That gives hope that, one day comes a portuguese bible with strong's to Accordance

Excelente Notícia!

Edited by Jose Cordeiro Morgado
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Text     Sete anos de pastor Jacob servia

gloss     Seven     years     as     shepherd   Jacob        served

Text     Labão, pai de Raquel, serrana bela;

gloss     Laban         father       of      Rachel         peasant         beautiful

Text     mas não servia o pai, servia a ela,

gloss     but         not       served       his father,      served       her,

Text     e a ela só por prémio pretendia.

gloss     and    her    only    for       premium        intended.

Luís de Camões - (1524-1580)

For seven years I have been longing for a Portuguese Bible with Key Numbers!

....  another seven years?

José Morgado (Accordance since 2009)

• Like 2

In some cases I think this process would be faster with "crowd sourcing." Besides that, the number of tagged non-English Bibles could increase significantly. If Accordance had an built-in way for users to tag their user Bibles with Strong's codes, the users themselves could do the work and collaborate and check each other. Then the resulting Bible could be posted on the user exchange, and/or eventually "adopted" by Accordance itself and packaged with it. Of course, copyright issues apply, but if Accordance would license non-English Bible texts with the provision that they could be tagged by crowd sourcing, it seems to me that everyone would win.

Or some programmer out there who's an Accordance user could create an app that we could use to tag our user Bibles and then we could submit them to Accordance for vetting / approval for inclusion in Accordance.

Edited by EricC
  • Like 1

Text     Sete anos de pastor Jacob servia

gloss     Seven     years     as     shepherd   Jacob        served

Text     Labão, pai de Raquel, serrana bela;

gloss     Laban         father       of      Rachel         peasant         beautiful

Text     mas não servia o pai, servia a ela,

gloss     but         not       served       his father,      served       her,

Text     e a ela só por prémio pretendia.

gloss     and    her    only    for       premium        intended.

Luís de Camões - (1524-1580)

For seven years I have been longing for a Portuguese Bible with Key Numbers!

....  another seven years?

José Morgado (Accordance since 2009)

I'm speechless, I don't no what I have to say. In this case not a good sign. I can't support this topic more than I do now. The rest is all in the hand of OakTree. A massive tree, but he grows very slowly. Maybe the soil need some fertilizer.

Or G/K

Like dan, Not sure i would use it but really value it in English translations and wish all had the option (NET) so totally support the need and value for people in their own language or languages they work in.

It is such a powerful feature and is streets ahead of the printed copies i bought pre accordance.

• Like 1

Just an observation here.

In my day job, we seek to pursue translating and localizing our services into 50-100 languages. This turns out to not only greatly assist the users but also it directly impacts the bottom line in a very tangible way.

Let's not lose sight of the growth opportunity here. Accordance has a great and deserved reputation for being excellent in the original languages and adding/commissioning more localized texts tagged appropriately will only enhance this reputation.

• Like 1

I see there are two tagged chinese bibles in special offers section.

That was fast!

The power of a poll.

;o)

Hi, Everyone!

Thank you for your interest. We are working diligently to add more Key Number-tagged international Bibles. However, it is neither a simple nor easy process. It takes time. Please be patient.

• Like 3

I was just encouraged that two years ago, there were no plans for a tagged bible in chinese ( in this thread) but today, there are two on an introductory offer.

http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=CUVS-TRAD

;o)

and having worked for nearly 20 years in an IT company involved working in 40 plus languages, i appreciate the work involved behind the scenes.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This would be great for the two Japanese translations offered as well.

• Like 2