Problem amplifying from NIV11-GK on iOS

mike001

When using NIV11-GK on the latest version of your iPhone app (iOS 4.2.1) the pop up works fine to the short GK word definitions in Greek and Hebrew, but when amplifying by key number I get the error: 'This entry was not found in any of the tools or texts requested'. I have the Mounce Greek Dictionary installed, but amplify on iOS does not manage to link to this.

On the desktop (v 9.5.7) triple-clicking opens up the Mounce Greek Dictionary and KM Hebrew Dictionary fine.

Is this a bug in iOS?

I believe this is fixed in the next update which has already been sent to Apple.

When using NIV11-GK on the latest version of your iPhone app (iOS 4.2.1) the pop up works fine to the short GK word definitions in Greek and Hebrew, but when amplifying by key number I get the error: 'This entry was not found in any of the tools or texts requested'. I have the Mounce Greek Dictionary installed, but amplify on iOS does not manage to link to this.

On the desktop (v 9.5.7) triple-clicking opens up the Mounce Greek Dictionary and KM Hebrew Dictionary fine.

Is this a bug in iOS?

Can you give a specific example just so we can verify? 1.4.2 should correct this as Helen indicated, but I'd still like to make sure.

Thanks Helen and Rick. Here is a specific example. From NIV11-GK on the iPhone I can select in John 1:1 'beginning' and get the instant details in the pop-up:

beginning GK G0794 aÓrch/ aÓrchØv Noun fem sing dat beginning, first, principle; ruler, realm, rule

However, if I then select Amplify and Key Number I get the error box: 'This entry was not found in any of the tools or texts requested'

Similarly: Gen 1:1 in NIV11-GK 'beginning' gives the instant details:

beginning GK H08040 tyIvaér ty™Ivaér Noun comm fem sing abs beginning, first

But trying to amplify by Key Number gives the same error as above.

The Mounce Greek Dictionary and KM Hebrew Dictionary, which come with NIV11-GK, are installed on my iPhone.

The amplify by key word function works fine with other texts (eg NAS95S, ESVi) using Strongs numbers. This is a great tool which I use a lot on my iPhone. But this does not work currently from the new NIV11-GK using the GK numbers.

Hope this helps! I'm a new Accordance user and really love your desktop and iPhone software. Thanks.

This has indeed been fixed in 1.4.2 which is under review in the app store.

Archived