Error on syncing between Accordance and iPad

Paddy

I got the following error message while syncing Paschal's Pensees between my iPad and iMac: "There was an error while Accordance tried to encode data to send to the connected device. Please contact technical support to help you resolve this issue."

I am using Accordance 10.1 with Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Accordance 1.5.3 with iOS 6.0.1

I discovered it was this module while doing a general synchronization between the iPad and iMac. Everything would be going fine, when the above error message appeared. After clicking on the "OK" button, none of the modules which had appeared to have been synced were updated. I was able to identify the problem module to be Paschal's Pensees. Not having that one be synced allowed the syncing process to proceed. I can open the Pensees module from within Accordance on the Mac.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Paddy O'Connor

We'll look into this once the current meetings are over in Chicago. It's probably the special characters in the name that causes the problems.

I am getting the same error message but my issue doesn't appear to be related to the recent release of modules. The only item needing to be updated in the sync is my user notes.

I get the same error message. The only items syncing are Greek/Hebrew Strong's. I deleted them from my iphone and tried syncing them again but get the error.

Edit: Now I can't the Strong's modules back onto my iPhone, either by syncing or by re-downloading the whole KJVS set, which means the KJVS has no Strong's information in the ID pop-up.

Edited by JonathanHuber

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having the same error dialogue box when syncing. I haven't had problems with Mac OS - iOS sync until now. I'm using a Macbook Pro on 10.8.2 with Accordance 10.1 and ; iOS 6.2 on an iPad mini with Accordance 1.5.3.

The modules that are at issue are

1. Pensées

2. TJL - Master's

3. Bird's Eye View

Helen - I suspect you're right about the letters... Any fix coming up soon?

v1.6 should resolve this issue and just became available in the iOS App Store.