Default Library View

Joe

Currently when the LIbrary view is opened, a user is presented with the Recently Opened section. In order to close it I have to backtrack to the main Library view and then click close. This is very cumbersome when accessing the settings or when I accidentally hit the Library icon instead of the verse chooser icon. It would be more preferable to have the Library view open to the main view instead of the Recently Opened section so that it can be more quickly closed and so that not so recently used items can be accessed more efficiently.

• Like 1

Joe, it sounds like you may have the "Recently Opened" filter chosen. It's at the bottom of the Library Window There are a number of filters there to choose from, you can chose to "Show All," or just part of your Library, like "Tools," "Texts," Etc.

Tim, it seems like Joe is referring to the iOS. For what it's worth, I agree with his comments and would like to be able to choose how the library opens (or have it default to the main library, rather than recents).

• Like 1

Oops, if that is the case, Joe, you have my sincere apologies. I just assumed you were on OSX.

Joel that's interesting. We has intended the "recents" list to be a help to those conducting a study, so they didn't have to keep navigating through the Library to find a commonly used module. I suppose we could consider just listing them at the top of the regular library screen (as Accordance OSX does), with the other modules following as normal. It's only going to save users a single click each time, but if enough people want it, I'm willing to bring it up to the iOS team.

OK, folks, would the change be worth it to you?

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Yes, we went back and forth on this; but yes I agree that it could easier to close the library if you open it accidentally.

Being able to choose the default would be nice. For example, I would choose the Bookmarks folder as the default most of the time.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ditto to those who are requesting this option.