Happy Septuagint Day!

Neill

Any chance of seeing a Septuagint Day sale on Septuagint resources?

• Like 1

I haven't used it so can't speak to it at all, but it is worth noting that Accordance alone (at least among major softwares) offers the Cambridge LXX apparatus. And it's not very expensive, either.

Edited by AbramKJ

I haven't used it so can't speak to it at all, but it is worth nothing that Accordance alone (at least among major softwares) offers the Cambridge LXX apparatus. And it's not very expensive, either.

Really Abram? Worth *nothing*??? ;-)

Don't you hate the combination of autocorrect, not proof reading, and a big inviting "post" button...,?

Edited by Ken Simpson

Correction made. It was more the combination of each of my three under-five children in the room (variously asking for attention) that probably led to that....

But while we're at it, I think you want a question mark at the end of that last comment. ;)

Back to the topic--I know Accordance recommends the Swete text for use with the Cambridge apparatus (since they match), but I've always wondered if one could still profitably make use of just the apparatus, alongside Rahlfs, which though different from Swete could still get the job done?

But while we're at it, I think you want a question mark at the end of that last comment. ;)

]

Correction made :-)

Back to the topic--I know Accordance recommends the Swete text for use with the Cambridge apparatus (since they match), but I've always wondered if one could still profitably make use of just the apparatus, alongside Rahlfs, which though different from Swete could still get the job done?

Can't help you there, sorry. It makes some sense to me, but I am no LXX scholar nor Accordance developer.

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1